The Slum District

Evenrise. The city of apparitions. The majority live wealthy, crime free comfortable lives under the protection of its military organization Legion. But this story begins in a district where criminal behavior is the abundant. The slum district. Separated by a large border gate. A young apparition boy, fed up with segregation and violence dreams of escaping to join Legion and fight for a better world. His name is Kasen and thus is his story.

Dawn hour for the run down district of the slums. In its dusty streets slums fight over food while scavengers wait for the chance to steal scraps. On a hilltop not far from the mayhem a young girl no older than ten with messy black hair and wearing rag clothes enters a small tent. Inside is a young boy dozing like always.

Wake up!' She shouted in his ear

Surprised he falls out of bed. This is Kasen, a fourteen year old apparition with white wavy hair, heavy green eyes light skin tone and a has an athletic build to him, but like every other slum his clothes are ragged and dirty. He promptly rubs his eyes trying to wake up. The young girl chuckles at him.

"Kasen, the boss's upset that you're late again.

"She's always upset Vonnie, because she's a bi-

"Kasen!"

Kasen groaned getting up and and greeting the morning sun. He doesn't recall how he became a slum but after finding Vonnie near death in the street, he made a promise that he'll find a way for them to escape.
The two venture down the hill to a well kept hut, unlike most slum residences that are in poor condition. Guarding the were Jaun's and Yaun. Unidentical twin  in their later teens. They wear matching long black and turquoise coats. The twins look at Kasen and Vonnie with disgust

"Late as usual." Jaun shakes his head.

"Keep it up and you'll really piss her off." Yaun smirked.

"Spare the lectures," Kasen has long been annoyed by them talking after the other they were dogs always at there masters heel.

"How about a reminder." Came a chilling voice from inside the hut. Her name was Chantel. She wears a toga theme outfit containing black and green colors. She's notorious for being the driving force behind all crime that happens in the slums. She took in Kasen in for unknown reasons and has forced him to be her 'little theif.' No one in their right mind would dare trifle with her.

Jaun and Yaun kneel at her presence.

"Get up," she snaps, at them before returning her attention to Kasen. "And you, dont forget who's feeding the two of you understand."

Kasen gives Chantel a sour look. Nothing would please him more than bringing her down a peg.

"You've work to do." She continued. "My sources have informed me of a new shipment that arrived earlier today, you're going to acquire our share. The merchant brought hardly any body guards so I don't expect failure, but if you do boy don't bother coming back."

Kasen and the twins make their way through the slum district. The elderly and ill apparitions isolate themselves in dark alleys. Any children who accidentally come too close are scared off by the twins.

Near the market corner, which is a flea market for the few slums that manage, the three hide behind a vendor. Straight ahead is their target, an assortment of foods and supplies, where a heavier man checks inventory with his younger assistant. The market corner is also marks the border of the slum district. Past its gates belongs to the wealthy citizens.

"Look at it. It'll last us weeks." Yaun smacks his lips.

"More like minutes with you," snapped Jaun .