Lord Phantomhive and His Demon Butler

~Chapter~

I glance over the paper work from my company's bills and expenses for recent fabrics that had shipped in

I glance over the paper work from my company's bills and expenses for recent fabrics that had shipped in. Dress making wasn't a passion of mine, and yet with my parents and sister gone, the company had fallen into my hands, whether I wanted it to or not.

I get a knock on the door, interrupting my thoughts, "come in." I reply, the door opens and Leonardo steps in, "mistress I have today's mail" he says with a small smile. I nod and motion him forward. He does so, and places it on my desk before I dismiss him.

I adjust my reading glasses then look over the letters, one having the royal crest on it. I eye the letter that said Golden Rose written on the back of the letter. I reach for my letter opener, and carefully open the letter before reading the contents inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Dearest Rosalie.

Due to recent events, I must ask for your help. In recent events there has been a string of murders. Prostitutes have been brutally murdered by a man we have named 'Jack The Ripper'.

All information can be found in a larger envelope I have sent as well. Inside you will find clues we have gathered and possible suspects.

Please understand that this case is more complicated than we thought, Scotland Yard has failed to find this killer so far. So we've asked you as our Golden Rose, and our Guard Dog, Lord Phantomhive, as the guardians of the underworld to come together and solve this dreadful case.

Best regards,
Queen Victoria.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I place the letter down and immediately spot the larger envelope the Queen had spoken of with all the clues and suspects. I grab the envelope, and open it swiftly, dumping all its contents out.

'The Queen said I had to work with the Guard Dog. I would be fine on my own, but if she wishes it, I will help in any way I can. After all..'

I grab a file that was dumped onto my desk, and open it, inside we're images of the murdered prostitutes.