Chapter 4.

"Out for a late night snack, Carson?" Aiden asked with an amused smirk.

"Maybe, maybe not. What's it to you Aiden?" I raised my eyebrow at him and smirked, putting my hands on my hips.

"Just wondering what a girl like you, Is doing out here, all alone at…" he checked his watch "2 a.m." he said, shoving his hands in his pockets with a smirk on his face. 

"What are you doing out here?" I asked him instead of answering him. He just shrugged his shoulders.

"Couldn't sleep, decided to walk around" he answered nonchalantly.

"Cool, well I hope you will be able to get some sleep then. Good night" I said. I turned around and started to walk off, but I knew I wasn't off the hook yet and I was right when I heard his foot steps coming after me.  

"Yes, Aiden?" I asked him without stopping or looking at him.

"You never told me why you were up" he said as he fell in step beside me.

"Because it's my business?" I offered. But he was being suspicious and annoying.

"Well, I told you what I was up to" he said and I sighed and turned around, stopping to look at him.

"No, you gave me an original excuse. No one who can't sleep, will get dressed like that to walk around." I pointed out to him and he gave me a quizzical look.

"How can you see what I'm wearing? Its like pitch black out here, I can barely see you" he told and my mind thought for a second, I still has my night vision mode on in my contacts.

"Good eyesight" I shrugged and kept walking, apparently he bought it because he dropped it.

"Okay fine, I was going to get more snacks for a friends party. But that still doesn't answer what you were doing" he told me an I sighed, I dug around in my pockets for my phone then turned on the flash.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I asked him while shining the light from my phone on me real quick, then turned it back off and shoved it into my pocket. If I could make him think of something by looking at my clothes, then this would help me come up with an excuse.

"Looks like you are going for a run" he stated, which was true. I had yoga pants on, a jumper and joggers.

"Very good" I coo'ed at him in a voice you talk to your dog in, a patted him on his head. He went to swat my hand away but I had moved away before he could. He looked irritated at that, causing me to chuckled a little bit  "and when I can't sleep, I go for a run" I told him, then I started walking off again. After a few more steps I heard him behind me and I rolled my eyes, I turned around and looked at him.

"May I help you with something? Or you just trying to annoy me? Because you know it's not really smart to annoy a tired girl" I said, crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah, you want to come with me to the party?" he asked me, I stared at him for a minute to see if he was joking, then decided he wasn't, but shook my head no still.

"Nope, like I said. Tired" I pointed to myself "but thanks for the invite" I said politely, waving at him as I turned back around and headed for the door of the girls dorm.

It was pretty quiet once I got inside, letting me know everyone was asleep still, so I quickly and quietly made my way back up to my room. Once I got inside with my door shut, I quickly changed back into my pajama pants but left the hoodie on, and hopped back into bed. Then started wondering if he really was getting snacks for a party, or if he made that up to cover up whatever he was doing? I am going to have to watch him more.