Chapter 12.

I woke up with Emily staring at me, hovering over my face. I raised my eyebrow at her and she gave me that look. I sighed and rubbed my face.

"So..... Are you going to tell me?" She asked me. I gave her a strange look. "don't play dumb, I can read you like read me. So tell me what actually happened" she sat back and crossed her arms over her chest.

"I really was in the woods, I fell and hurt myself at the river" I told her, only have was a lie.

"what river?" Oh crap, I forgot she didn't know.

"when me and Aiden went running a while back, we found a river" I told we simply.

"and you though it would be a good idea to go to the river by yourself?! That's not safe!!" she screamed at me.

"yeah, I kinda figured that out... Next time I go, I'll go with someone." I told her and she sighed. I felt bad lowing to her, she's one o the only real friends I've had in a while.

"you scared me, I didn't know what to think... And why would you decide to go to a river in the woods alone? Don't you know that bad things happen in the woods at night?!" she asked, looking freaked out from just the thought of it. Of coarse she had no idea of what would await HER out there.

"I'm not scared easily, plus I was fine!... Well, until I slipped and this happened" I shrugged my shoulders, she sighed and shook her head.

"well, I'm glad your alright" she said getting up and giving me a hug, it took everything in me to not show the pain i got from that hug because of my ribs.

"yeah, me too... so can i get ready now?" i laughed, she did too and let me get up. "man I'm glad it's Friday" i told her as i got out of bed and stretched carefully, not to hurt my ribs or expose my wrapped body.

"I know! oh and Michele called off practice today, so it should be a nice and relaxing day" she laughed as i did a small happy dance. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After everyone fussed over seeing me and knowing if I'm alright, they finally calmed down by lunch.  I walked over towards my table with my lunch, the whole time scanning the area for those faces. i finally saw the most familiar one, the guy that had bandaged me up at the camp.

I connected eye's with him and his own eye's widened, I smiled at him and gave him a little wave.  he choked a little on his drink, some of his friends looked concerned while the others were just laughing at him.  He caught my eye's again and i sent him a meaningful look and then a wink.  he quickly looked away and kept himself busy with whatever he could find.

When i sat down at my seat no one noticed that exchange between me and him, so i just sat down like normal.  and of coarse that means that Aiden makes his way over here, I'm used to it by now so yes it's part of my normal to spend time with Aiden.

"Hey Carson, i heard you took a nasty fall?" he asked me with concern in his voice, but something else was there... i just couldn't place it.

"yeah, i was down by the river.....  how did you hear?" I asked him.

"I heard from Trevor about it..... so are you alright?" he asked me, I've never seen this side of him before.  It's definitely not the front he put's up for everyone, or ever really.

"yeah, mostly just scratches and bruises" i told him while studying him.

"then why did you only make it back the next day?" he asked me skeptically.

"um, I kinda hit my head" i mumbled while looking down.  everyone turned their attention to me, apparently heard what i said.   they didn't know because Aiden was the only one that asked details like he did, Emily's along with a few other people's eye's were wide.  but her's and Aiden's were more so.