Saiki's Question

With Saiki (Limited)

Saiki walked out of the room while the students were debating and talking about what's going to happen next and what-not. Koro-Sensei was directly behind him as Saiki's world seemed to slow down, he had two offers, he becomes normal or Koro-Sensei lived. By any normal human means, he wanted Koro-Sensei, in all his stupidness and idiocy, to live. But if Koro-Sensei didn't want to live, Saiki wouldn't complain about downing the vital all for himself.

Walking to the back of the school where no one could hear them other than the quiet mice who scurried around the premises, Saiki had taken a large breath and exhaled. It was now or never, and it shouldn't be that difficult to ask...yet it seemed to be like the most complex thing he has ever done. He was quickly distracted over the simplest things, like the color of the bird that just flew by, or how long the grass is and when was the last time it was cut, or even why the hell did he change the entire world's population's hair color when he could have just dyed or faked his hair being black and brown like the rest of the Asians here. Though he needed to focus.

"I have a question," Saiki said as Koro-Sensei's back was towards the rotting wood of the schoolhouse-like shed that was broken down and rebuilt multiple times in who knows how many years over that crazy principal who was ruining his life.

"Ask away, Kusuo, I'm all ears... and tentacles," Koro-Sensei tried to laugh at the rising tension Saiki was emitting by sprawling a few of his larger limbs in the air, like a worm in the rain. Koro-Sensei knew something was up, it was obvious to him, everyone else just didn't pay attention to the traumatized teacher that joined mid-year. The moment Saiki left the camera with the old American man, while the remaining students on Earth were watching, and the two returned back on screen to head back home, one of the three in the space mission trip looked a little more stunned than usual, but his Resting Bitch Face was pressed on his face like a printing press like usual. But in his eyes, in those bored and lightly-cracked magenta eyes, a large decision ticked away at him.

Struggling to speak, Saiki looked to the wall near the side of Koro-Sensei's yellow head and just stared, as he began to speak. "Koro-Sensei...if you had the option to live another year, and live it to the fullest for the next year and beyond, will you choose to live?" Saiki asked as Koro-Sensei's spare ligaments moved around as he thought and hummed.

"Well, Kusuo, where is this all coming from?" he begged the question as Saiki still stared at the crumbling wall right next to the yellow head while hoping that an insect won't come jumping out on his face or out of the school.

"If this plan works--you live-- will you kill yourself, or hire a hitman, or become a major criminal just to have assassins to be coming at you left and right to take you out? Will you do something like that? Then all are work will be in vain?" Saiki asked as Koro-Sensei nodded as he understood where the young man was getting this idea from.

"So you're asking me: If I somehow live, will I do something that will kill me soon after, because in reality I don't want to live, but my students rather have me live, and you don't want to have the days you've spent here trying to kill me to be useless?"

Saiki nodded, Koro-Sensei's blowing up the world plan my March is already a suicide plan, to Saiki he wouldn't be surprised if it rooted from another issue, a more dangerous mental health problem over wanting revenge over those who have wronged him.

Sighing and all limbs gone limp, Koro-Sensei looked at Saiki and told him the truth. "Kusuo, I must be frank. I rather not live," he breathed out, "I have assassins coming at me left and right, and I don't think this will stop until the day I die, or until I join their side." Saiki nodded as he listened, hoping Koro-Sensei said a 'but' but yet again hoping not, "Though I wouldn't mind living a fuller life if I was given a second chance that you students are giving me, a second life per se." Koro-Sensei said.

Saiki listened as closely as he could, as to not miss a single detail that echoed from Koro-Sensei. "So what I'm trying to say is: I would rather live thanks to my students than die in their hands or an assassin." Saiki removed his gaze from the wall and looked down.

"However," he said, Saiki tensed, "I am not sure what the astronauts had told you when you left the room when data was loading," he said truthfully, " But I do know it stressed you out, it seemed to be so important that you didn't even notice you missed your class shift and stayed in the teacher's lounge instead." Koro-Sensei chuckled as Saiki froze momentarily, but then went back to normal. He shouldn't be worrying about these kids right now anyways.

"And since I don't know what they told you or gave you or even possibly warned you, and I know you won't tell me," he paused to catch a breath, as Kusuo's gaze looked upon Koro-Sensei who seemed to smile brighter than ever, "You must know, the game of life always has even a single loopholes."

Skyrocketing into the air, as Saiki's eyes followed with clouded gaze, Koro-Sensei laughed and shot off into the sky. Leaving Saiki alone and thinking, and confused.