Vol. 4 Ch. 29 Shipping

3rd Person POV

Seagulls call as a ship moves over peaceful blue waters. Passengers are strolling across both the upper and mid decks. Blake Belladonna rests her hands on the rail and stares out at the ocean. She blinks and looks over her right shoulder, somewhat startled.

Two kids laugh over a joke. Blake almost smiles as her thoughts raced to Y/N. She pictured Y/N and herself looking down at their own kids, smiling happily at each other and their children. They were together, happy, and safe. Blake's smile faded as reality came back to her, she sighed deeply and turns to look back at the ocean.

Footsteps approach, "Traveling alone?" Blake jumps and grips the hilt of Gambol Shroud. She came up with the worst situation in her head and thought, Adam!? But she halts her action when she sees the captain of the boat.

The captain held up his hands in a reassuring manner and said, "Now, now, no threat here. Just here to chat." Blake hesitates before relaxing her posture with a roll of her eyes. She felt silly to believe that Adam would appear randomly on a boat in the middle of the ocean. Annoyed by the presence of the captain, she asked, "And why is that?"

The Captain lowers his arms and then twists to lean idly onto the rail. "Well, not many people travel by boat on their own. It can be quite a lonely voyage. But I found those that do tend to have the more... interesting stories." Blake clenches her fist and turns away from the Captain. The last thing she wanted to do right now was to talk to a stranger about her troubles. Blake replied, "Maybe it's just... better for some people to be alone."

The two kids run behind Blake laughing and she gasps again. She turns and blinks at them trying to reset her calm. The Captain laughed and said, "Maybe, but with your paranoia, I think a few friendly faces wouldn't hurt." Blake huffed in frustration and said, "Who says I'm paranoid?!"

The Captain laughed again and said, "No one, dear, no one. Ill leave you be." The Captain turns and walks away, then stops. "But uh, fair warning: these trips can be awfully boring." The Captain continues on his way and Blake stares after him.

Once he's gone, she turns and looks at the ground for a few seconds before reaching up and undoing her bow. Blake gave an "Mmm," as she holds the ribbon out over the railing and said, "Won't be needing this." Blake lets go and watches the ribbon swirl in the air once before landing on the water. She wipes a tear away before turning and walking away. As she passes inside, a hooded figure was watching her from a distance.

Your POV

I turned to Sun and said, "Is the cloak really necessary?" He nodded and said, "Of course it is. It's so Blake doesn't know that we following her." I facepalmed and said, "If anything, it alerts her to our presence even more so." Sun shook his head and said, "Nah."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.