Vol. 1 Ch. 8 Explanation

Your POV

Blake, Sun, and I were sitting on the roof of a cafe, drinking tea. Blake was sitting next to me and Sun was sitting across the table from us. Blake took a sip of her cup of tea and sighed. She looked up at Sun, who's holding his drink with his tail as his hand propped his head up. He took a sip when Blake put her cup down. She looked at Sun and said, "So, you want to know more about me."

Sun replied, "Finally she speaks! Nearly two days and you've been giving me nothing but small talk and weird looks." Blake gave Sun an annoyed expression and he said, "Yeah, like that." I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my tea. Then Blake said, "So, you two are familiar with the White Fang, correct?" I nodded and said, "Yeah."

Sun answered, "Of course. I don't think there's a Faunus on the planet who hasn't heard of them. Stupid creeps that use force to get whatever they want. Bunch of freaks if you ask me." Blake said, "I was once a member of the White Fang." Sun choked on his drink and said, "Wait a minute! You were a member of the White Fang?!"

Blake nodded and said, "That's right. I was a member for most of my life, actually. You could almost say I was born into it. Back then, things were different. In the ashes of war, the White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between Humans and the Faunus. Of course, despite being promised equality, the Faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings. And so, the White Fang rose up as a voice of our people. And I was there. I was at the front of every rally. I took part in every boycott. I actually thought we were making a difference. But I was just a youthful optimist."

She continued, "Then, five years ago, our leader stepped down, and a new one took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking. Suddenly, our peaceful protests were being replaced with organized attacks. We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us, hijacking cargo from companies that used Faunus labor. And the worst part was, it was working. We were being treated like equals. But not out of respect... out of fear. So, I left. I decided I no longer wanted to use my skills to aid in their violence, and instead, I would dedicate my life to becoming a Huntress. So here I am: a criminal hiding in plain view, all with the help of a little black bow."

Blake wiggled her ears and I said, "Blake, don't say that. You're not a criminal. You were just doing what you thought was right." Then Sun said, "So, have you told your friends about any of this?" Blake looked down in sorrow and said, "Y-yes. But I don't think they'll understand." I placed my hand on top of Blake's and wrapped my tail around her, causing her to blush and look at me in suprise. Then I said, "They will. Trust me." Blake smiled at me and I looked into her gorgeous amber eyes.

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Y/N playing with a cat toy mouse)

Once we got to the roof, Blake and I sat there while Sun ran off saying he forgot something. I looked at Blake and said, "So about what happened that night you and I..." She looked at me and said, "Yeah. I love you. I just needed to gain your trust before I told you." I replied, "Well I'm glad you did."

Blake giggled which made me smile. Then she put a sorrowful look on her face. I noticed this and kissed her on the cheek. She blushed and looked at me. Then I said, "Blake, you need to stop worrying. Everything will be fine. I promise."

Then the monkey boy ruined the moment and asked, "Did I miss anything?" I sighed and said, "Nothing important. They've taken care of the crates. Now they're just standing around." Sun replied, "Cool. I stole you guys some food." I facepalmed and said, "Are you always this ignorant?"

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.