Vol. 4 Ch. 42 The Family Secret

Your POV

The video started and my dad sat down next to my mom. They looked at the camera and my mom said, "Y/N. Noir. If either of you are watching this, then it means that your father and I have passed away before we could tell you this." Dad said, "The L/N family has a secret ability that is past down from generation to generation. It's basically a second semblance, so to speak. Once you finally unlock it, your body will start to constantly put out electricity, which will be stored in your body. The semblance also make you completely immune to electrical attacks and you'll be able to take whatever electricity is used against you and store it for your own purposes."

My dad paused and said, "Now the reason that you may not have ever used this semblance is because this family one takes a specific task to be complete in order to unlock it." Mom spoke up and said, "It's also a somewhat dangerous semblance to unlock, especially with how exhausting and weak it'll make you." My dad nodded and said, "Exactly. Now in order to unlock the family semblance, you have to focus your aura and generate a field of pure electric energy around you. It'll take multiple attempts. But once you can fully generate the electrical field, then you'll need to focus it inside your body and your aura. This will be the hardest part and will make you the most vulnerable until you can control the electrical current and have it run through you."

My mom spoke up and said, "Your father and I both know that this will be hard for you two. Y/N, keep Noir safe. And Noir, keep your brother out of trouble. Just know that your father and I will always love you two so much." Then the video ended. I closed it and felt myself burst into tears. I missed my little sister so much. I failed her, I thought. I didn't keep her safe.

I heard someone run into the room and heard Blake ask, "Y/N? What's wrong?" I hugged her and just cried into her shoulder. She hugged me back and started to gently rub my back in a soothing manner. Then she said, "Shhhh... It's okay, Fluffball. I'm here... Let it out."

When I stopped crying, I showed her the video. When it finished, I looked at her and said, "Blake, I'm going to practice focusing until I can unlock my family's semblance." She nodded and said, "I understand. I won't bother you while you're doing that. I'll also try to keep Sun from interrupting you. Just make sure that you're back in my house by dinner." I nodded and said, "Of course. I'll keep my Scroll and Electro with me at all times."

Blake smiled and said, "Good. I love you." I kissed her on the lips and said, "I love you too." She left and I went to my old bedroom. I sat down on the floor, closed my eyes, and started to meditate. Then I heard someone walk into the room. Without opening my eyes, I said, "What is it, Blake? Did you forget to tell me something?" I heard a familiar chuckle, followed by a familiar voice saying, "No, she didn't. But I have something to tell you." I opened my eyes and heard, "Hello, Sweetie."

Who do you think it is?
Master out.