Vol. 4 Ch. 35 The Video

Your POV

I blinked my eyes a few times to make sure that I was seeing things right. My dad continued, "Y/N, if you're watching this, it means one of two things. One, your mother and I have passed away. Or two, you've become a Huntsman and decided to go back to Menagerie for whatever reason."

I felt a tear go down my face. Then my dad said, "One of the reasons why I gave you the key to our old house is so you don't have to worry about finding somewhere to live after you've graduated. Now you can sell it if you want, the choice is yours. The other reason why is because I left some things for you here that we couldn't take with us to Vale. One of those things is─"

My dad was cut off by a younger voice saying, "Hey, dad. Can I go play with Blake now?" I chuckled at the younger me and my dad said, "Did you finish your lunch?" The younger me answered, "Yep! So can I? Please?" Dad smiled and said, "Go on. Have fun." The younger me cheered and said, "Yay!" I chuckled again and dad said, "Where was I? Oh, yes. One of the things is in the garage, under a tarp. It's my old motorcycle, Thunderbolt. It should still work, but it might need some gas and new tires. The second thing is my aviators. They have a built-in screen that can help you find weak spots and stuff like that when you're on missions. It'll also connect to your Scroll. You'll find my aviators sitting on your mother and I's dresser. The last thing is a ring with a dark sapphire jewel in it. Your mother and I wanted your sister to have this. If she doesn't want it, then it's yours. It was your grandmother's wedding ring. Your mother and I thought you could use it if you ever decide to get married in the future. You'll find it next to my aviators in a blue ring box. Now Y/N, son, I want you to know that your mother and I will always love you and your sister forever. Never forget that, and remember to make us proud." Then the tape ended.

I was in tears at how emotional the video had made me. I missed mom, dad, and Noir even more now. I wiped away my tears and said, "Thanks, dad." I ran upstairs and found my dad's aviators. I wiped the dust off the lenses and used my semblance to power them on. I put them on and they connected to my Scroll. I took them off and put them in the inside pocket of my jacket. I put the ring box in my pants pocket. I saw the keys to the motorcycle sitting on the dresser as well, so I grabbed them. I went out to the garage and took the tarp off the bike. It didn't have a speck of dust on it and the tires didn't look that bad. I smiled and started the bike up. It roared to life and the engine sounded great. I put on the aviators and said, "Let's see how great she rides."

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Y/N having the time of his life on Thunderbolt in the desert portion of Menagerie)

I drove Thunderbolt back to my old house and parked it in the garage. I took off my aviators and put them in my inside pocket. I noticed that it was almost completely dark out. Blake's probably getting worried about me. I locked the door on my way out and headed back to the Belladonna residence. I knocked on the door.

Blake answered the door and hugged me. Then she said, "I was starting to get worried." Then she noticed that I had been crying earlier and asked, "What happened?" I went inside, smiled and said, "I'll show you tomorrow." Kali noticed me and said, "Y/N, you're back. We were starting to get worried about you." I smiled and said, "I'm fine, actually I'm better than fine, I'm happy."

Kali nodded and said, "Good. I just finished making dinner. Are you hungry?" I nodded and said, "Yes, but I'd like to speak with Ghira about something first if that's alright." Kali nodded and said, "That's fine, he's in his office down the hall." I smiled and headed to Ghira's office.

I knocked on the door and heard him say, "Come in." I opened the door and he looked up and said, "Ah, Y/N. You seem like you're feeling better." I nodded and said, "I went to see my old house." Ghira stopped, looked at me, and said, "So you saw Jason's video, didn't you?" I smiled with a couple tears in my eyes and nodded.

Ghira got up and said, "I was wondering when you were going to try the key. I've been making sure that nobody tries to vandalize the place ever your family left Menagerie. I'm glad that you and Blake found each other again. In fact, I'm kinda glad that you're dating, but don't tell Kali I said that. You and Blake seemed to have been through a lot from what she told me. And you've definitely proven that you're perfect for my daughter."

I smiled and he hugged me. Then he said, "I give you my blessing." I looked at him and said, "Thanks, Ghira." He smiled and said, "No problem, Y/N. Your father and I were great friends. You look like him too. Except you have your mother's brown hair." Then my stomach growled, making Ghira and I laugh. I smiled and said, "Kali said that she made dinner." Ghira nodded and said, "You'll love her cooking. Kali and your mother used to share cooking recipes and tips with each other all of the time." I nodded and we headed to the dining room.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.