Changing

[Last time was kind of mean wasn't it? I really would like to know if you thought it was too brutal or not, so I can know if I should tone it down or not. I hope you like it. I'll be honest, I prefer this kind of thing to the fluffy type things. I'm not a super 'romantic' kind of person, so writing something that is simply romance is a bit foreign to me. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Song: Hurt | Artist: Nine Inch Nails or Johnny Cash | Genre: Rock (NIN) or Country (Johnny) I love this song so much. It really inspired me in this chapter. Just letting you know, this is going to pick right back up.]

You woke up some time later. Pulling yourself into a sitting position, you ran a hand through your disheveled hair. Pulling the sheets around your bare skin, you looked around the room. Sebastian had left.

You leaned against your headboard and let the tears that you had tried so hard to bottle up fall. You were beaten and bruised, confused with even your own reasoning. You wrapped your branded hand against your neck. Fear coursed through your body as you let out a defeated sigh. You looked over at a clock to see it was 6 a.m. You got up and pulled on some clothes. You tended to you wounds and fixed your hair. Fighting the overwhelming feeling of dread, you forced yourself to start your chores.

You cleaned the banister quickly, swept the floors ,and cleaned up some plates Mey-rin had dropped. It was noon and you were already exhausted. Storm soon started her torture again. She walked up to you, only this time the smug, mischievous look was gone. It was replaced by something that scared you even more, pity. She cocked her head to the side and watched as you scrubbed a dish.

"You really are terribly slow.", she said after a while.

"It would help if I weren't having to do this with broken bones.", you muttered. She let out a half hearted laugh.

"I forget how fragile humans are...", she commented. You didn't look up, but instead, focused on the task at hand.

"(Yourname), I don't like humans, in fact I despise them. Even so...", she bit her lip before continuing," I have to say that what you are doing is...actually quite stupid." You looked up and turned to faced her, drying your hands on a near by towel.

"That's as good as it's going to get isn't it."

"Yes, pretty much.", She said smirking. You rolled your eyes before speaking.

"Okay. You know Sebast-... Joseph better than me, right? If you're going to be even remotely nice, I would like to know what is wrong with him.", You told her. She just laughed.

"You are absolutely clueless. What is 'wrong with him' is far deeper than you could ever imagine. What guides humans, their core, is their soul. Demons...We don't have souls. We don't have a conscience, we don't have morals as you do. We do what we please, and have only the connotation of respect, which is very rarely displayed. You humans are just a source of food and occasionally entertainment. What bothers me is that, Joseph...He's different. He used to simply accept his nature, but now...He's changing, going b-", she stopped abruptly, apparently deciding she wasn't going to tell you you. You looked at her, wondering what it was she was going to say.

"Going what?", you asked.

"It doesn't matter. Just...Stay away from him!", she said, trying to go back to her normal composure, but only managing to come off as flustered.

><><><><>*<><><><><

[Sebastian's Point of View. Back to when you are still sleeping.]

I turned to look at her sleeping form. Her fragile body was incredibly Injured. I couldn't help but feel guilt and regret for what I had done.

Why did I care? She was a worthless human. I should want her dead, not want to help and protect her. What was wrong with me? I actually hate her. No...No, I love her. Why should I, that bitch had never could never...

That doesn't mean she deserves to be treated like this, though. She did nothing wrong other than to trust me. She's a blessing really. Blessing? I'm a demon, I don't get blessings. It's her own fault for getting involved in matters that are out of her reach of understanding. She just wanted to help me...She just wanted to help me...A demon who has only hurt her. She wanted to...

I put my face in my hands. Shame was something that I wasn't used to feeling, but I recognized it immediately. I got up and walked out of the room as images of a suppressed time flashed through my mind. What had I done? What had I become? I shouldn't feel any of this, and yet...I did. A part of me, cared nothing for her. But still, a part that remained loved her...A part of myself that I had long forgotten even existed.

"Are you ok?", I turned to see Storm standing at the end of the hall.

"You need to leave. Now.", I told her. That must be the problem. Storm was here. The memories I tried so hard to bury were coming back because of her.

"No. That human is changing you. If you don't watch it, an unfortunate accident may occur. No one wants that now...", she threatened.

"Storm!", I growled at her. She just smirked and walked up, pulling at my tie.

"Joseph, you know you don't scare me!", she said teasingly. I stared her down, hoping that would get the message across that I wasn't in the mood for games. She just rolled her eyes and walked away. She's right about one thing...(Yourname) is changing me...

[Sorry I know the Chapter is short. This felt like a good place to stop. I hope you like it. If you have any suggestions (especially those pertaining to Ash, I'm kind of stuck) please let me know. Tell me what you think. By the way, I want to apologize for the long wait. My family is moving across the country and I've been house hunting and spending 'quality family time' with my cousins. Have a nice day/night!]