PLEASE READ 🥀 The Unfortunate End

The Unfortunate End
(I am really sorry)

▪︎ So if you think my announcement wasn't a good enough explanation, here is the full in depth explanation of why I decided to do what I wanted to do.

I planned for this contest ever since last year 2019. If I recall, it was during April that I first planned to have this contest.

I have been planning everything from the rounds, to the criteria to almost everything that I had so many drafts for the round prompts.

Refer to below: (One of my first drafts that I can find because I mostly planned in random parts of my school notebook)
I would think about this contest even while I was in school.

Refer to below: (One of my first drafts that I can find because I mostly planned in random parts of my school notebook)I would think about this contest even while I was in school

So before I continue with the explanation, I would also like you to know about the rounds I had planned.

PLEASE DON'T STEAL OR AT LEAST GIVE CREDIT TO ME IF YOU SAW THIS AND WERE INSPIRED BY MY PROMPTS HERE FOR YOUR OWN.

I REALLY TOOK THIS SERIOUSLY AND MADE IT AS UNIQUE AS POSSIBLE, PLEASE BE A DECENT HUMAN BEING

Round 10: Video Game Poster
- I planned that the contestants would choose a video game (I won't be choosing them) and they would have to make an original poster for it.

Round 11: Country Representation
- Contestants were supposed to make a graphic that embodies their culture. All the things that they love about their country and what makes them unique. It can be a blend or a banner.

Round 12: Modern Classics
- If you are familiar with edits of people turning classic paintings or art (Mona Lisa, Scream, Girl with the Pearl Earring, etc.) into modern pictures like making them take selfies or wearing modern clothing. That was the main idea of this round.

Round 13: Phone Aesthetic
- Basically contestants would have to design a phone wallpaper and at the same time create their own unique applications. There is no limit to what theme and how many applications they can add. But it has to be in portrait form.

Round 14: Food Galore
- This was a round that I wanted contestants to make a two page spread menu on their favorite foods. It's up to them how they would design it as long as I can see 2 pictures of food in the menu.

Round 15: Diary Book Cover (Revival Round)
- The revival round was supposed to be a round where eliminated contestants would compete and the remaing ones could rest. Random bystanders could also have a chance to compete and be part of the competition. They were supposed to make a book cover for a diary. They would name their own diary and they would design the diary to their personality. Kind of like those 1st round prompts where they say to make a graphic about yourself. It's like that but with a bit more spice to it.

Round 16: Family Appreciation
- I planned to have contestants make a card for their parents or siblings about how awesome or great they are. And once they're done they could show it or give it to their family.

Round 17: Cyberpunk Cover and Banner
- Pretty self explanatory. A cyberpunk theme.

Round 18: Steampunk Cover and Banner
- Same like the cyberpunk one but this time with steampunk.

Round 19: Halloween Magazine Cover
- This round was supposed to happen during October so I wanted contestants to make a Halloween Magazine. What it would be about is up to them. They can make it about costumes or actual ghosts.

Round 20: Noir Movie Poster
- Basically to make your own movie poster for a noir movie. If you don't know what that is, you can search it up.

Round 21: Treasure Map
- Contestants would make their own treasure map. The rule is that they can only put down one x mark and have 3 main landmarks or pitstops. The creative freedom is theirs though and there is no theme.

Round 22: The Treasure
- Following from round 21, I was going to give the contestants a picture of an empty treasure chest and they would add in or manipulate what would be inside the treasure.

Round 23: Semi-Finals
-Contestants would have to make an Album Cover, Band Flyer (Concert), and Band Poster for an imaginary band. There is no set genre and they can choose any style.

Round 24: Finals -Mix and Match
- There would be 2 contestants left so each contestant had to make 3 graphics. One Covet, one banner and one icon. They should not be in the same theme but they should all have a mix and match theme. Like a fire/water cover, a light/dark banner, and a sad/happy icon.

▪︎《 🥀 》▪︎

Explanation

You noticed that I wasn't able to be consistent with uploading times, the examples, sending of resources, it was all just a big mess.

Contestants also have been leaving and I also noticed some being really inactive. I thought that it must have been some poor planning in my part.

I just had a lot of stress with this contest because of how much work I gave myself with. I had to make examples, edit the chapters, post the examples in the sample book, collate the entries, edit those entries, post the entries, count votes, gather judge's votes, writing my comments, collating all the data, revising the list of contenders, timetable and calendar, the hall of fame, the gallery of winners. It was just too much for me to handle.

Because of this experience I have realized some mistakes and have learnt what to do and what to keep the next time I host a contest. Hopefully with better prizes, prompts and system this time.

I am grateful for having RGW as my first real experience of hosting a contest and it became my highest viewed book ever.

I am grateful to everyone who has been supportive and all to the contestants who have entered.

So what happens now?

Coming Next:

▪︎ Round 9 Rankings

▪︎ Voting for the Minor Awards (Perfect Touch, Picture Perfect and Gifted Mind)

▪︎ Using upp all mini prizes points and revising the prizes for mini prizes

▪︎ Announcing of overall winners

▪︎ Memory Chapters ( I will basically have 1 chapter talking about that contestant's journey and graphics that they have sent) Basically, a goodbye gift and a chance of spotlight and support

▪︎ Fulfilling all the Prizes

- Hopefully, by 2021, I will be having a new contest with a more healthy and reasonable system-

This is not the end yet, so please stay around for a bit longer.