You overhear a conversation about you (Calum)

When Calum finally has a break from work, he brings up the idea of his mom coming to stay for a while. You agree with a smile and help him plan out the trip.

The day he picks his mom up from the airport is a busy one. You're too busy with work to go with him to pick his mom up. When you finally get home you're greeted with the smell of home cooked food and the sound of Calum and his mom talking. It takes you a second to figure out what they're talking about until it clicks. 

"Mom, seriously, I love Y/N," Calums' voice flows through your ears. "I'm the happiest I think I've ever been," He lets out a light laugh.

You can't help but think about if you should really be listening to them talking about you, but you find yourself peeking around the corner to get a better look. His mom and him both have their backs to you, cooking something together. It smells amazing and you almost want to go break your silence to sneak a little bit of it, but you hold back to hear the rest of the conversation. 

"I'm happy for you baby, Y/N seems amazing." Joy looks up to Calum and smiles at him. Your heart flutters a bit at the idea of his mom actually liking you. The two of them go silent for a while, just enjoying each others company. You find yourself smiling at the soft moments between the two of them. Calum and his mom had a connection you absolutely adored. The silence is broken when Calum clears his throat. 

"I think I want to marry Y/N," He states softly to his mom. "I can see us building a family together," You can see a soft smile appear on his face. You adored the small family you two already shared and the idea of it growing and spending the rest of your life with Calum was something you also wanted. 

A soft, fluttery warmth covers you as Calum continues to talk to his mom about you. You can't wait for to spend the rest of your life with him.