Ashton Comforts you

Your day couldn't have been worse. The final straw was stepping in the biggest mud puddle ever on the way back to your shared apartment with Ash. You take your shoes off before stepping into the apartment, tears threatening to spill. 

"Hi, baby!" Ashton giggles from the couch when he hears the door open. "How was your day?" 

His question triggers the flood gates. You can feel tears spill out as you break into heavy sobs. You drop your muddy shoes and find yourself sliding down the closed door as Ashton rushes over to you. 

"Oh, honey," He sits across from you and scoops you into his lap. "Shh, its okay. I'm here." His fingers trace shapes onto your back as you sob into his neck. "Can you breathe with me?" He asks softly, wanting to get you to calm down as quick as possible. He waits to feel your soft nod before taking slow, deep breaths to get your breathing back to normal. "Good job, baby." Ashton praises you as your breathing starts to regulate more. "Lets get you on the couch okay?" 

Ashton carries you to the couch and places you down gently. The spot he was sitting in is still warm, and he wraps you in the blanket from the back of the couch. "I'm going to get you some water alright? I'll be right back," 

You wipe at your eyes with your sleeve. You were sure you looked like a mess and that only made more tears spill. Ashton quickly returns with your water and holds the glass to your lips. 

"Slowly," He watches as you drink the water and puts the glass on the coffee table when you're finished. "Come here," Ashton opens his arms to you and lets out a soft giggle when you flop onto his chest. His heart beat drums softly against your ear and you find yourself relaxing into his chest. He tucks a piece of hair behind your ear and plants a soft kiss on the crown of your head. 

You can feel yourself falling asleep against Ash. Between his arms around you, his heart beat in your ear, and his fingertips tracing soft shapes into your back, you can't help but let your eyelids flutter shut. It doesn't take long for you to fully fall asleep, feeling fully protected from the world by Ash.