pregnant reader X protective ash

The boys had decided to fly you out to surprise Ashton during their tour. They didn't want to admit they also missed you, and wanted to see how big your belly had gotten since they had left. Michael, Luke, and Calum had all been extremely excited when you announced you were pregnant, so excited, that it started a debate over who was going to be the best uncle. 

Ashton had been upset when they had to leave for tour. You weren't showing much yet, just a small bump that seemed to disappear some days. That didn't stop him from leaving kisses on your tummy and talking to it. 

"You have no idea how horrible those airplane seats are for a pregnant woman," You complain to Calum as soon as you see him. "My back is killing me." You place a hand on your lower back and stretch a little. 

Calum winces a little. "I bet but it'll be worth it when you finally get to see Ashton." He smiles at you as he helps you sit down on the couch in their unused dressing room. "How is the munchkin doing?" He asks as he lays a hand on your, now very large, bump. 

"Good. Using my organs as punching bags." You groan and adjust to get comfortable. "It's crazy how fast this has gone by." You sigh. 

"Where's my favorite person?!" Michael bursts through the door, Luke trailing behind him. Luke is holding a large bag that seems to be filled with stuff. 

"Hi boys," You laugh and pat the seats next to you. Michael instantly goes for your belly. 

"Hi baby. It's your favorite uncle, Michael. You other, lamer, uncles are here too." He places a hand on your belly and you laugh as the baby moves and lightly kicks his hand. He smiles and moves out of the way so the other boys can talk to the baby too. 

Once Luke is done talking to the baby, he hands you the bag. "We've all been collecting souvenirs for them." Inside the bag are some cute onesies, all varying in sizes, a few cute signs from different states that all say 'Baby Irwin', and a few random things. 

"Thanks you guys," You can't help but to tear up a little. "This is really sweet." 

You nap in the empty dressing room alone until the show starts. You're able to catch a few songs but your back and feet hurt too much to stand for the whole concert. You find yourself resting in the main dressing room, chatting it up with some of the staff. 

When the boys come back to the dressing room from the show, Ashton is the first one in. He doesn't spot you right away though. You're tucked into the corner of the couch, in the only position that doesn't make your back ache. 

When Ashton spots you, he instantly switches gears. "Y/N!" He rushes over to you. "I missed you so much," He captures you in a sweet kiss that leaves you smiling. "Are you okay? Is the baby okay? How did you get here?" He asks a million more questions before you can shut him up. 

"Ashton! I'm completely fine, the baby is fine, everything is fine." You giggle. "The boys wanted to surprise you... But I'm starting to think they just wanted to see how big I've gotten and try to play favorites with our unborn child." You cast a playful glare towards the other boys. 

When the two of you finally leave for the hotel, Ashton has his arm around you. Outside, some fans are waiting around the van. 

"Guys! Listen up!" Ashton shouts to get the fans attentions. "If you guys don't crowd or push while Y/N is getting to the van, I will take pictures and sign stuff! But only if you don't lay a FINGER on her!" He gives the fans a thumbs up. A few fans in the front push others to make a path to get you safely to the car. Ashton keeps his arm around you and keeps an eye on the crowd for anyone that is reaching to touch you. 

He didn't show his over-protective side much, but when he did, it only made you more excited to grow your family with him.