Chapter 1 New boy.

"Amber, come on, you have to get ready for school!" my mother yelled from down stairs.

I groaned and rolled off the bed before crawling to my closet.

I picked out my black leggings, combat boots, and a purple sweatshirt that had a puppy on it.

Then I grabbed my undergarments and headed to the shower.

Using my strawberry kiwi shampoo and conditioner, I washed my long dark brown hair.

When I was done washing myself up, I wrapped myself up in a towel and turned the water off.

Getting out I stared at my complexion in the mirror.

Some of my pimples have disappeared and my plain green eyes have gotten brighter.

It's not that big of a deal, Amber. Your always exaggerating.

Not wanting to be late for school, I quickly dressed and walked downstairs where my mother had breakfast ready.

When she had her back turned I grabbed a granola bar and ran out to the car waiting for my dad.

"Hey kiddo," my father, Joe, said as he got in the car and pulled out of the driveway.

"Hey dad."

The rest of the ride was quiet, which was really strange because normally he would just keep talking and talking over and o- well I think you get it.

"Bye," I waved to him as I stepped out of the car.

"Bye, sweetheart."

I smiled at him before turning around and walking towards the school.

When I saw the school jock, Tyler, my smile instantly dropped and I tried to sneak past him so he wouldn't see me.

Just as I thought I was in the clear, I heard his voice.

"There she is, why don't you come over hear fatso?"

I had to obey him or the punishment will be worse.

"Yes, Tyler?"

"I have a question for you," I could hear the smirk in his voice as I kept my head down in shame.

"Anything you need Tyler."

"Why are you such a stupid, fat nerd?"

His friends all joined in with his laughing.

"We'll are you going to answer me?"

"I- uh"

Just at that moment the bell rang and I ran away from them. I know I'll be punished later for not answering AND running away from my beating but as long as I can last until after lunch, I guess I'm okay.

I fast walked to my locker, ignoring all the mean comments on my weight.

See I'm a little chubby. Actually made that extra extra chubby with a side of cottage cheese.

I don't eat much so I guess I was just cursed with being fat.

When people see me eat junk food, they say I should be eating a salad. Then when I eat a salad, they say I should be using a healthier dressing.

Personally, I think this is all stupid and childish.

As long as it doesn't affect my straight A's in school, I couldn't care less.

My first class is ELA, yay! I love reading!

I ran to Mrs. Rodger's room as fast as I could.

About 3 feet away from the door I was pushed onto the ground, but when I looked up, I didn't see any of my normal bullies.