Chapter 19 Why?

Jeffery's POV

That asshole!

What the hell! The moment he comes back, everything crumbles. No wonder Amber left her mate.

Running to the pack doctor, I couldn't hell but notice a thick, red, substance dripping into my arm while I carried my girlfriend.

Girlfriend... I like the sound of that.

I mean, we kissed so doesn't that, like, I don't know. We in a relationship, right?

I'll figure that out later, all that matters is getting Amber to safety.

Ten minutes later, I arrived at our territory and my guards bowed down to me.

"Alpha," they let us in.

"Thanks Tyler," I said.

Running to the pack doctor, I laid my girlfriend down on the doctors table.

"Help her, she was hit in the head and is badly bleeding," I rushed out to our doctor.

"Yes, from what I can see, it looks like she was smashed into a hard object," she said, examining the back of her head.

"Will she be okay?"

"It looks like she's healing faster than normal. She should be up and about in a few hours," the doctor told me."

"Thanks doc, your excused."

She nodded her head and left the room.

As soon as the door closed, I grabbed Amber's hand and held it closely to my heart.

"Your going to be okay. We'll get out of here and I'll keep you safe. That's a promise Amber Williamson."

Those were the only words I had spoken for three hours.

Just when I was going to give up and head in for the night, I saw her finger move slightly across the white sheets.

"Amber?"

"He's here," she whispered, slowly and as quiet as ever with her eyes still closed.

"Amber?" I asked again, making sure she's awake.

"Jeff, he's here," her eyes were now wide open, but they were a bright silver color, staring up at the ceiling.

"Your okay, I won't let him hurt you."

When I was done speaking her eyes changed from a silver to red showing that she was indeed awake.

"Don't you see, he already hurt me. I was running away from this and now he's back."

"I'm sorry but I had some of my pack members put all of our stuff in bags so as soon as your ready we can leave. Amber, I promised I'd keep you safe."

She had tears running down her face and she took a deep breath.

"Jeffery, soon I'll be going into heat and well..." she trailed off before starting again.

"I think that you should stay and protect your pack."

"What?! No I'm going with you," I stood my ground.

"But you won't be able to control the urge. I won't be able to do anything about it, and neither will you."

"I'll try. Amber I will try my hardest to control my wolf. I'm coming and that's final."

I saw her blush and she took her eyes away from mine.

"The only reason I don't want you to come is so I can stay a virgin," she whispered really fast.

I laughed at her.