Chapter 24 Pretty flowers

Amber's POV

"No. No. No. I will not wear that stuff," I complained backing up from the retched smell.

"Please? Come on, can you do your long lost sister a favor?" Katlyn begged moving closer.

"I barely wear makeup, what makes you think I'll wear nail polish? I'm not changing my mind," I said crossing my arms over my chest.

She smirked and yelled, "grandpa!"

"No! Ok, ok. You win," I hurried, shushing her.

"Yes, sweetie," I heard his voice yell from downstairs.

She smirked again, "nothing!"

I breathed a sigh of relief when his footsteps dissented back down the stairs.

"So what color nail polish are we using?" I asked.

"Well first you have to change and then we'll find a color to match your outfit."

I huffed and stared at myself in the mirror while Katlyn went to her closet.

My purple T-shirt and black sweat pants were blood stained and ripped.

My gaze traveled up to the horrific sight I call my face. My eyes were tired and droopy with bags under them. Lips chapped and hair... well let's just say a rats nest times 10.

"Ok I have some clothes that my mom gave me, they should fit. So you could wear a black tank that has a scull on it with black skinny jeans and these fashion boots," she said pulling out the tank, jeans, and grey fashion knee high boots.

I nodded examining the outfit.

"Or you could wear this CAMO long sleeve shirt with leggings and brown combat boots," she showed me my other option.

I thought about it for awhile and decided on looking dark so I chose the first outfit.

"Go shower and change in the bathroom," she ordered.

Once I was scrubbed down and felt clean, I stepped out and changed.

As soon as I walked out, my sister nodded.

"You look really good," she complimented.

"Put this black leather jacket on," she gave me the jacket and I slipped it on.

"You look hot!" She exclaimed.

I did a circle and agreed with her.

"Now your hair!"

I growled and sat on the chair while she went to the bathroom to get all her hair spray and special brushes.

Squirming in the chair, Katlyn tried to be nice and get the snarls out.

We had to switch brushes like 3 times until she brought out the most expensive brush that was suppose to work like magic.

Gently, my sister put the brush through my hair and slowly untangled all the knots and snarls.

"Thank the lord! It's a miracle!" She exclaimed.

I just growled and squirmed in the seat again.

"Don't growl at me missy!" She scolded.

Then I hisses at the last pull of a knot in the back of my head.

"Done?" I asked.

"Almost," she said without looking at my face.

I sat back and crossed my arms over my chest and waited as she brushed around my head.

"Now your done," she said backing away and looking at me in the mirror.