Chapter 9 Any body have a gun?

Amber's POV

"You sick monster!"

"Ask Melanie if you don't believe me," his smirk was annoying and his voice, his voice is the ugliest sound I have ever heard.

Like nails constantly scratching on a chalkboard.

I watched him for a couple more seconds to make sure he wasn't trying to do anything.

Turning around, I met the sad and disappointed eyes of my mother.

"Mom?" I asked.

"I'm so sorry, Amber."

I-it can't be true.

I'm dreaming all this up.

This man is fake and definitely isn't my father.

What about Joe?

"What about dad?"

"I'm right here," Jaxon called from behind me.

"I was talking about my real dad. You know the one that took care of me and was by my side my whole dang life."

I didn't wait for his respond before grabbing my mother with Kellan and walking away.

Before we could leave I heard a loud growl and bones cracking.

I didn't even get a chance to look at Jaxon before he sprung at mom.

"Mom!" I yelled.

Jaxon had knocked her out of my arms and was standing over her limp body.

Kellan tried to get her away from him but was stopped by a warning growl.

"Let her go!"

'Your not leaving with my mate,' he roared inside my mind.

"How can you talk in my mind?"

'It's a family thing,' he grinned in wolf form.

Let me tell you, that was a sore sight to see.

Kellan went for my hand and I jerked away.

He looked pained and hurt like his heart just shattered into a million pieces.

But if I allow him to be my mate, I will only end up with a broken heart.

Jaxon, my father, stood his ground and nodded towards the gates.

'Leave' he ordered.

'When I leave, I'll be taking her with me,' I spat back at him.

He growled before going into a fighting stance.

Jaxon took a step away from mom and several other wolves emerged behind him to watch her.

I growled at them and they flinched back before going to stand watch.

I shifted and I heard Kellan gasp and he ran in front of me and hissed at Jaxon.

Feeling angered and annoyed I shoved him out of then way and faced the imposter.

'Jorden, I hope you know how to fight.'

'Do you trust me?' She asked.

'Yes,' I had no doubt in my answer as I let her take full control of my mind, body and soul.

After I gave her control, I was inside a large box with a window.

Through the window I could see the fight and how well Jordan was taking on Jaxon.

Kellan stood aimlessly shocked to the side and he observed me as I pounded the man's head to the ground, successfully knocking him out.

This is one of the times where a gun would be helpful...

Kellan's POV

I stood to the side and watched as my soul mate fought her birth father.

I wanted so badly to help but that would only cause more trouble and Amber would push me away further.

Why doesn't she want me?

Mates are suppose to love and cherish each other not push them away and act as if they're not there.

So what happened?

Am I not good enough?

Is there someone else in her life?

The thought of someone else holding my soul mate angered me and I felt ready to kill anything that got in my way.

Glancing at Amber I saw that she had knocked out her father.

I really hope we can sort things out because one, she is breaking my heart every time she avoids eye contact or pulls away, and two, if she doesn't except me, the last remaining part of my soul will be gone.

I'll become a psychic.

Crazy vampires that drained the soul out of all creatures that have one.

I will have no feelings or have a care in the world. My heart will turn as cold as ice.

If Amber doesn't accept me, the rejection will be 100 times harder and scarier... for everyone.