Chapter 7 Oops, my fault.

Amber's POV

Two days.

It took two days for my world to fall apart.

My dad is dead, mom hasn't come home and Kellan is no where to be found.

Now, I'm truly alone.

I sat in my room, bags under my eyes that were red and puffy.

An early silence overcame me, but I was too lost in my own little world to notice anything different.

My dad will never be there to watch me grow up, walk me down the aisle, or have kids.

"Happy birthday!" Someone ran in, and my eyes filled up with salty water.

"What's wrong?" A males voice asked.

I cried harder and arms wrapped around me.

Somehow, the warmth brought me back to life and I brought my blood shot eyes up, that met with one of the people that I've been looking for.

"What happened?"

"Kellan?"

"Yeah it's me, now tell me what happened?" He repeated.

"D-dad died," I whimpered.

"I'm so sorry Amber, I had to do something. Again I'm sorry it had to end like that. Where's your mom?"

"She never came home that night. There's a search party looking for her. It's no use," I put my head in my hands.

"I can find her."

"How? If the police can't find her what makes you think you can?"

"I'm a vamp, remember? I will be able to smell her scent and follow it," he pointed towards his nose.

I felt myself build up with hope.

"Then what are you waiting for?" I pushed him out.

Kellan got up and ran off.

"I'll be back," he yelled from downstairs before going out the door.

I sat back on the bed.

What happened to mom? Where is she? Will I ever be able to give her hugs or tell her about my day? Will I ever get the chance to say I love you again?

Where did Kellan go to?

Was all this happening because of me?

Of course it is. It's all my fault.

My fathers death, mom leaving and hurting Kellan so much that he was forced to leave?

Where was the girl that would put everyone else's needs before her own?

I've been so selfish and self-centered that I brought more hurt and heartbreak into this world.

Waves of pain shot through me and I gasped.

I could feel nothing but pain and heard the sound of bones cracking and popping.

Shit.

Kellan's POV

Soon after I left I felt the mate bond surfacing within me.

It took all my will not to stop and turn around but that would hurt Amber even more.

I had caught Melanie's scent fading and a male scent with her.

The weird thing is that the scents seem almost the same, almost like mates...

But that's impossible, Joe is Melanie's mate.

I followed the lingering scents to an abandoned house.

I always hated houses like this.

With all the ghosts and witch magic in them.

Taking a deep breathe, I slowly opened the door, flinching when it creaked.

There was a sickening silence that consumed me whole.

Sneaking towards Melanie's scent I was led to an old, beaten down door.

There were about 20 rickety steps leading down to the basement.

CREEPY!!!

I walked down each one slowly and carefully and I knew by the smells that there was death here.

Gasping I fell to the ground holding my chest.

There was a warm, thick liquid dropping onto my hand.

My vision was blurring as I looked up and saw a man.

This male's scent was like Melanie's.

That's her mate.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while I'm really trying to do one or more chapters each night but sometimes I'm just to busy. Keep commenting, voting, and READING!