Chapter 10

Hola everyone! I hope you've been enjoying the story up till here. There are drastic changes which will follow in the chapters ahead, please be prepared. One thing to note is that I'm not having Sahil in the story, not a very important point, but might come in use later. 
Don't forget to vote, comment and share with friends!
_________________________

During the journey from Mumbai to Lucknow, Shivaay hadn't said a word. Omru were worried as hell about him, but more than that, they were scared for Anika. She had been the sole person who had managed to create a soft corner for herself in everyone's heart, including the Stone Singh Oberoi. Of course, there were some who didn't feel at all, because they lacked a heart. There was a rock in their chest, which responded to everything with an 'Oh My Mata'. 

When they landed at the airport, Om booked a cab for the three of them. Yes, Shivaay Singh Oberoi, the CEO of Oberoi Industries, was going to take a cab, because yeh Lucknow hai Mumbai nahi. Yahan pe SSO raj nahi chalta hai. Moreover, he could do anything but make his cars fly from Mumbai to Lucknow. Shivaay was as quiet as a child who was getting scolded. If you think about it, it may seem like his fate was scolding him for his harshness towards his lady. Omru also didn't say anything, as they knew whatever they would say, would not be able to reduce the mountain of pain, but just add to it. 

On reaching the hospital, Shivaay's panic mode was on. He got down the cab and rushed inside. After paying the driver, Omru followed him in. Shivaay just shot inside, as if it was his last run on Earth. There were ward boys, doctors and nurses running around instructing each other and carrying heavy medical equipments . They had dying people to deal with.
Shivaay asked the receptionist,
"Where are the patients of the plane blast?"
She pointed in the straight direction. "Go ahead and take the first left."

Outside the ward, Tej was already standing and waiting for the doctor. ShivOmRu came to him. 
"Bade papa, Anika kaisi hai?"
"Abhi pata nahi Shivaay, mai bhi Doctor ke liye wait kar raha hoon."

Om and Rudra had no clue of what was going on. 
Om," Mr. Oberoi, how did you come to know about bhabhi and how did you come here so fast?"
Tej," If you had ever paid any attention to me, you would have known that I had come to Lucknow for a few days to see the progress of our new deal here. "
Rudra," Papa, that's not the point. How did you get to Bhabhi?"
Tej," My very close friend, Mr. Kundra had collapsed in the office, so I had come to meet him here. I was just outside when the the patients were being brought in, I saw Anika and called up Shivaay."

Om nodded in understanding while Shivaay was frantically pacing in the corridor. Rudra sat on a chair, looking at the ceiling, eyes continuously shedding tears at the pathetic situation they had been put in. He was cursing Fate for the disastrous condition of his superwoman, and even worse condition of his superman. Om came back with a cup of black coffee for Shivaay and bottles of water for the others, which they gladly took. Only Shivaay refused to touch the cup of the steaming hot liquid. 
Om," Shivaay, have it. You have not eaten anything from the time we have come here." 

Shivaay looked at him and then looked away. Om could see it in his eyes that Shivaay was in a mixture of grief and guilt. There wasn't really anything he could say to make it better, not because Shivaay wouldn't listen,but because they were partially true. If not for Shivaay, Anika wouldn't have been in this state, but to put the whole blame on that poor soul would also be wrong. Sighing, he told him,
"Shivaay, when we go to meet her, will you go in such a disheveled state?"
Shivaay again looked at him and this time he took the cup. He drank the coffee, washed his face and set his hair, the way he always used to do when he was married to Anika. 
Shivaay," Om, I want to scold her again for calling my Americano as Saira Banu...."
Om just hugged him tightly. Very tightly. Almost bone crushing. 

None of this could hide the redness in his eyes and his chappy voice due to the constant crying. Same was the case with Rudra. He had called up the family to inform them of this catastrophe and the whole clan was present in the hospital corridor after two hours, including Pinky. 
(They took the next flight, came in emergency. Advantages of being an Oberoi 101) 

After a while, the doctor came out of the OT and Shivaay was the first one to stand in front of him. 
Shivaay," Doctor..doctor how is Anika doing? Can we meet her now? How long will she take to recover?"
The doctor looked at him with sorry eyes. 
Doctor," I'm sorry Mr. Oberoi, she is not in a good state now. Looks like she was really close to the bomb when it exploded. She has several major and minor injuries all over her burnt body. She was fortunate enough that her face is recognizable. We have done the best of all the surgeries, treatments and everything that we could do, but the injuries are fatal. It's a big thing in itself that she is still breathing after this. I will not give you false hopes, she doesn't have a lot of time and even that is in the hands of God. You can meet her after we shift her to the VIP ward. Please excuse me. " 
___________________________

Anika's situation is not really good. Will she become fine like she always does?
Stay tuned to know what happens next.
Until next time,
<3