Chapter 14

Hey everyone! I hope all of you are safe and indoors. Thank you all so much for giving me the chance to see my book at 6k views. It really means a lot, and whatever words of praise I speak, I know I won't be able to thank you all as much as I mean it. 
Don't forget to vote, comment and share with friends! 
__________________________

The next morning, the Oberoi elders' footsteps filled the corridors of the hospital again. Everyone first came to check on Shivaay. On entering his ward, they found him sleeping and Rudra also sleeping, holding his hand. 

Jhanvi went and ruffled his hair. 
Dadi," Hamara Rudy kuch hi ghanto mei kitna bada ho gaya hai."
Jhanvi," Ji Mummyji, lagta hai Rudra samajh gaya hai ki parivaar ko sambhalna uski bhi responsibility hai. Har waqt Shivaay uski shield banke nahi khada reh sakta, Shivaay ko bhi ek break chahiye hoga and uss time pe Rudra ko khud, parivaar aur Shivaay ko sambhalna hoga."
Everyone smiled sadly, cursing the circumstances under which Rudra found his maturity and also somewhat thankful that this happened, the maturity not the accident.
Itni bade tension ke pahad khade hai, beech mei ek chhoti si muskan toh sab deserve karte hai na? 

Jhanvi gently shook Rudra's shoulder and woke him up. Rudra got up and saw so many pairs of eyes looking back at him. He then looked at his hand, it was still holding Shivaay's. Shivaay was still sleeping and that smile from last night was still there. 
Jhanvi," Rudra, we have brought your clothes. You can either freshen up here or if you want, go to the hotel and take rest for sometime."
Rudra," No Mom it's fine. I'll just change here itself. Bhaiya needs me here."
Jhanvi nodded. Rudra took his clothes, left Shivaay's hand and went to the washroom.

Pinky stood beside Shivaay and caressed his hair. Dadi sat on the tool and put her hand on Shivaay's cheek. 
Pinky," Yeh kya hogaya hai mere bacche ho."
Dadi," Tu chinta mat kar Pinky, sab theekh ho jaayega. Mata Rani sab theekh kar dengi, tu bas vishwas rakh."

Just as Pinky nodded, Shivaay took a deep breath and opened his eyes. He saw all Oberoi elders gathered around his bed. Dadi sitting beside him with her hand on his cheek and Pinky's hand on his head. But his first instinct was to ask about Anika. 
Shivaay," Dadi, An..Anika?"
Dadi's small smile vanished. 
Dadi," Sabse pehle tere paas hi aaye hai Billu. Dr. Mathur raste mei mile aur unhone kaha ki Anika abhi so rahi hai. Tu chinta mat kar, Om hai uske paas."
Shivaay nodded his head. 
Shivaay," Haa Dadi, kumbhkaran hai na woh, itni jaldi kaise uthegi."
Dadi smiled again, listening to her Billu's words. She knew he is not ready to accept that his Anika was in a disastrous condition and he was just saying all this to assure himself and all of the others. 

A few seconds later, Shivaay asked," Dadi, Rudra kahan hai?"
Dadi," Beta woh haath muh dhoke kapde badalne gaya hai. Bechara yahan tere paas, tera haath pakadke tool pe baitha baitha hi so gya tha. Uski peeth aur kamar akad gayi hogi."
Pinky," Kaisa hai tu Shivaay?"

This was when he realized Pinky's hand on his head. And what he did after that, shocked almost everyone in that room.
He jerked her hand off his head.

Shivaay," Aap...aap yahan kya kar rahi hai?"
Pinky furrowed her eyebrows. 
Pinky," What do you means ki mai yahan kya kar rahi hoo? Mera baccha yahan haspatals mei rahega toh mai aur kahi kaise reh sakti hoo?"
Shivaay," Kyu kar rahi hai aap yeh drama Mrs. Oberoi? Aapko kya lagta hai mujhe kuch pata nahi chalega?"

Everyone was confused as to what rubbish was pouring out of Shivaay's mouth, except for Jhanvi because she is our shero, who told Shivaay everything and of course Pinky, the villain who did everything in the first place. Jhanvi actually saw this coming, she knew it would happen sometime in the near future. Even though the majority of Tej, Shakti and Dadi were absolutely clueless, no one dared question the SSO while he was speaking. Moreover they all knew that Shivaay would never talk in such a demeaning tone without any reason, that too with his mother. Reason bhale hi misunderstanding ho, as in case of Anika, but yeh sab baseless nahi ho sakta tha. 

Pinky," Kya kaha tune? Mrs...Mrs. Oberoi? Shivaay tu apni maa ko aise kaise bol sakta hai?"
Shivaay," Maa? Aapne jo kuch kiya hai na, uske baad toh mujhe bhi nahi pata hi aapko Maa bolna chahiye ya nahi. Aapne meri zindagi barbaad kardi in teen mahino ke liye. " 

Pinky's tears rolled down her cheeks. Never in her wildest dreams had she thought that Shivaay would come to know and he would refuse to acknowledge her as his mother.

Shakti," Bete, yeh tum kya bole jaa rahe ho? Tum hosh mei toh ho?"
Shivaay," Dad mai bilkul hosh mei hoo. In fact, teen mahino mei pehli baar hosh aaya hai mujhe. Mujhe sab pata chal gaya hai ki teen mahine pehle kya hua tha."
Tej," What do you mean kuch hua tha? Has this got to do anything with you pushing out Anika from the mansion without even listening to her side of the story?"
Shivaay's eyes lowered with shame and guilt. Even Tej Singh Oberoi, the ruthless businessman, jiske saamne kisi ki bhi nahi chalti, jiski relationship history itni kharab hai, jo ghar ke matters mei dhyaa nahi deta, usko tak pata tha ki Shivaay ne uss time galati ki thi. It was such a big blunder. But again, no one, literally no one challenges angry SSO, not even his Dadi and not even his mentor who made him like himself. 

Shivaay," Haa Bade papa, aur definitely apni zindagi ki sabse badi galati kar baitha mai."
Dadi," Billu, paheliyon mei baat mat kar. Saaf saaf bata ki hua kya hai." 
Shivaay," Dadi woh..."

Dr. Mathur chose the exact same time to barge into the truth-revealing session. 
Dr," Good morning Mr. Oberoi, how are you feeling today?"
Shivaay," I'm feeling good Dr. Mathur, thank you. I'm sorry that I shouted on you yesterday, just don't know what got over me. "
Dr," It's okay Mr. Oberoi. I understand how hard it is to see one of your closest in such a condition."
Shivaay," I never thought that I will have to see my wife in such a state. How is she Doctor?"
Dr. Mathur's smile vanished. Completely. 
Dr," She's still under the effect of the sedatives. We can only say anything after she gets conscious."
Shivaay just nodded. Dr. Mathur checked Shivaay and jotted down a list of medicines. Shakti obliged him and went to the pharmacy. Dr. Mathur left to check on Anika. 

Dadi," Billu, tu kuch keh raha tha..."
Shivaay," Dadi, woh...teen mahine pehle jo Anika ne kiya, kaha...jo kuch bhi hua, woh sab ek natak tha."
Dadi," Natak?"
Shivaay," Haa, natak. Jo usne majboori mei kiya tha taaki mai usse Oberoi Mansion se bahar nikal doo."
Tej," Lekin kisne kiya yeh sab?"
Shivaay eyed Pinky and said," Inhone."
Dadi cupped her mouth. Tej was also surprised. 

Dadi went to Pinky. 
Dadi," Yeh sacch hai Pinky?"
Pinky lifted her teary eyes and stained face to look at her mother-in-law. 
Dadi," Pinky, mai tujhse kuch pooch rahi hoo."
No response. Just the look again. 
Dadi now held her arms and shook her. 
Dadi," Pinky kuch bolegi ya nahi?"
Pinky just nodded her head while keeping her hand on her mouth to prevent noisy sobs. 
Pinky," Haa..haa, sacch hai yeh. Meri wajah se Anika Oberoi Mansion se bahar nikaali gayi."
Dadi's arms fell numb. 
Tej," Unbelievable."
Dadi," Yeh kya kiya tune Pinky. Apne bete par jaan deti hai na tu? Shivaay ki maa hone pe garv hota hai na tujhe? Arre yeh kaise nahi dikha ki tere hi bete ki khushi uss masoom ladki mei thi. Ghar mei sabko, yahan tak ki naukaron ko, Khanna tak ko pata tha ki Shivaay ki khushi Anika mei thi, toh maa hoke kaise nahi dikha tujhe? Chee Pinky."

Shivaay was just watching all this drama when he caught Dadi referring to them as mother and son. 
Shivaay," Kaise pata chalta Dadi. Maa nahi hai na yeh meri."
Dadi," Tu chup kar khoteya. Bahut badi galati ki hai iss ne lekin hai fir bhi toh maa hai na teri."
Shivaay," Nahi Dadi. Yeh maa nahi hai meri. "
Dadi," Tu aisa kyu bol raha hai Billu?"
Shivaay," Aap inn se hi kyu nahi pooch leti."

 Dadi looked at Pinky again. 
Dadi," Bol Pinky. Kyu keh raha hai Shivaay aisa? Kya bola aur kya kiya hai tune?"
Unable to say anything, Pinky just put her dupatta over her mouth and ran out of the ward crying. 

Dadi turned to Shivaay.
Dadi," Billu, Pinky ne kya keh diya Anika se? Kis cheez ko leke itna majboor kiya usse ki Anika ko yeh kadam uthana pada?"
Shivaay," Pata nahi Dadi. Yehi toh mujhe bhi jaanna hai ki aisa kya tha jo Anika mujhse share nahi kar saki, aur mujhe chodh ke jaane ke liye ready ho gayi."
Dadi," Mujhe toh ab bhi vishwas nahi hota ki Pinky aisa kar sakti hai. Par ab pata kaise lagega? Aisa koi nahi jise yeh pata ho?"
Shivaay eyed Jhanvi now. 
Shivaay," Pata toh bahut logon ko hai Dadi, par koi batana nahi chahta hai."
Tej," What do you mean Shivaay? And tum Jhanvi ko aise kyu dekh rahe ho?"
Shivaay," Kyuki Badi Maa ko pata hai. Aur Omru ko bhi."

Another shock. 
Dadi," Jhanvi tujhe pata tha yeh sab?"
Jhanvi," Ji mummyji, bahut mushkil se himmat juta ke Shivaay ko bata payi mai ki uski hi maa ne uski khushi cheen li."
Dadi," Par Pinky ne kya bola tha Anika ko?"
Jhanvi," Mummyji, woh mujhe bhi nahi pata. Bas yeh pata hai ki Pinky ne hi Anika ko majboor kiya tha. Omru ko pata hai but Anika ne unn dono ko apni kasam di hai, issiliye woh dono kuch nahi bolenge."
Dadi wiped her tears. 
Dadi," Kabhi socha nahi tha ki mere parivaar mei rishte hi ek doosre ko todh denge aur ek doosre se baatein chipaayenge, woh bhi itni badi."
Jhanvi," Mummyji maine bahut samajhaya Anika ko, but ussne jaise Oberoi Mansion ko chodhke jaane ki zidd pakad li thi. Maine usse bhi promise kiya tha ki mai usse Oberoi Mansion se jaane se nahi rokungi. I'm sorry Mummyji, I chose Shivaay over Anika."
She started crying when Tej came and hugged her. 
Tej," It's okay Jhanvi. Tumne Shivaay ko sach bata diya, I think that is commendable enough. Don't blame yourself over it. Ab hume present pe focus karna hai."
All of them nodded. 

Shakti was coming back from the pharmacy with the medicines in hand, when he saw Pinky rushing out of the ward, crying and dupatta over her mouth. He walked faster towards her and gently held her by the arm.
Shakti," Pinky, kya ho raha hai yeh sab?"
Pinky," Mujhe nahi pata Shaktiji. Kya socha tha aur kya ho gaya."
Shakti," Dekho Pinky, mujhe nahi pata ki tumne kya bola aur kya kiya. But mujhe pata hai ki tumne jo kiya, sab hamare Shivaay ke liye kiya."
Pinky looked at him and then hugged him.
Pinky," Par ab toh woh mujhse nafrat karta hai Shaktiji."
Shakti," Pinky, tumne jo kiya, woh galat tha. But, tum maa ho uski. I'm sure agar ek baar tum apna point of view Shivaay aur Anika ko samjhaaogi toh dono jann maaf kar denge tumhe. Shivaay tumhara beta hai Pinky, apni parvarish pe toh vishwas karo. Yahan baith ke rone se kuch nahi hoga, chalo andar chalo, sab clear karte hai."

Pinky left him, wiped her tears and nodded. As soon as she turned to go back inside, Shakti held her hand again.
Shakti," Pinky, tum Shivaay ke liye possesive ho, tum kabhi kabhi bina soche samajhe bol deti ho aur tumne galatiyan bhi ki hai. Par maine yeh vishwas nahi choda ki tum apne level se neeche gir jaaogi. I hope mujhe aisa kuch sunne mei na mile jisse yeh vishwas toot jaaye."
Pinky just looked down and both of them went inside the ward again.

Rudra had come back in a fresh pair of clothes and when he entered the ward, from the tension in the air he knew something was wrong. It took him just two minutes to be updated about what had happened. He had also joined the team of silent thinkers in the room when Pinky came in. 
Shivaay got super pissed. 
Shivaay," Mrs. Oberoi, please, please yahan mat aaiye. Mai iss baare mei soch sochke thak chuka hoon, can I get a break?"
Pinky," But Shivaay..."
Shivaay," Don't. Just don't. Aap please mujhse baat mat kijiye and jab tak Anika theekh nahi ho jaati, aap mere paas bhi mat aaiye."
Rudra went to Shivaay and held his hand. 
Rudra," Bhaiya, doctor ne aapko stress lene se mana kiya hai. Aap please shaant ho jaaiye nahi toh problem ho jaayegi."
Shivaay had started breathing heavily again which made all of them panic. 

Dadi," Bas. Ab bahut ho gaya. Yeh hospital hai aur yahan Oberoi family drama nahi hoga for others to see and laugh at us. Ab iss baare mei koi baat nahi hogi. Anika is more important and it's better ki hum log uska dhyaan rakhe. Yeh matter baad mei solve karenge. And Pinky, tune Anika ko jo kuch bhi bola, bhadkaya ya jo bhi kiya, tera maksad bilkul galat tha. Agar Shivaay chahta hai ki tu yahan naa aaye toh I think as an apology you owe him at least this much. Baaki hum log baad mei dekhenge."
Everyone nodded and agreed.
After those few awkwardly silent moments passed, Jhanvi said she was going to check on Anika and Om. 

Everyone sat there, in Shivaay's ward, deep in thought, while Pinky left the room and sat outside. 
That is when they heard from outside,

" AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!"

Shivaay," Badi Maa!"
Rudra," Mom!"
Dadi and Tej," Jhanvi!"
Shakti," Bhabhi!"
_________________________

Phew!! This was the longest chapter I've ever written, I mean ever.
Guys, today the PM CARES fund has been initiated and I request you to make whatever contribution you can for the fight against coronavirus and the hunger and poverty it is bringing in its wake. Just a small contribution can feed a hungry stomach. 
Please stay safe and indoors. Help prevent the disease. Help save your country. 

Until next time,
<3