Chapter 21

Hey guys! Wishing y'all belated Happy Friendship Day ! ❤

Thanks a lot for completing the target. I was overjoyed to see that it took you just a few days, so I've packed some parts in this chapter that will ease the air around the story. 
Don't forget to vote, comment and share with friends!

_______________________________________

Just then the door opened and he walked in. Anika quickly wiped her tears and sniffed her nose to get rid of the clog. 

"Anika?"

Everyone looked up to see him come in and stand beside Anika's bed as Rudra made way for him. 
.

* everyone who said Shivaay, please mujhe chameliyaan mat maarna * 

.

" Mathur Uncle... aap?"

" Chalo accha hai mai yaad toh hoo tumhe. Nahi toh mujhe laga tum bhool gayi hoo mujhe."

" Kaisi baatein kar rahe hai uncle, mai aapko kaise bhool sakti hoo."

"Ab kaisa feel kar rahi ho?"

" Pata nahi uncle. Pehle toh kuch feel hi nahi kar rahi thi, toh I don't know ki abhi better hai ya worse."

Dr. Mathur gave out a small chuckle and said," Bilkul nahi badli tum. Abhi bhi waise hi Anika waale jawaab deti ho."

Anika also gave a small smile and said," Jawaab chodh ke baaki sab badal gaya hai."

Dr. Mathur," Kuch feel ho raha hai?"

Anika," Andar darad ho raha hai, jaise koi bahut saare needles se prick kar raha ho, and bahar toh kuch feel nahi ho raha, yeh bhi nahi ki mai hoo bhi ya nahi, bas darkness everywhere."

He put a hand on her hair and caressed it. 

Dr. Mathur," Sacch Anika, mujhe bahut dukh ho raha hai tumhe aise dekh ke, and gussa bhi aa raha hai ki kuch kar nahi paa raha hoo. Humne bahut miss kiya tumhe, especially Divya ne."

And a few drops spilled out of his eyes. 

Anika," Mat roiye uncle, mujhe accha nahi lagta hai jab aap rote hai. Maine bhi aap logon ko bahut miss kiya, especially Divya ko."

And both let out a small chuckle again. Dr. Mathur started moving around the ward, checking Anika's monitors and the equipment around, all the while talking to her. 

Dr. Mathur," Tumne shaadi kar li beta, aur bataya bhi nahi."

Anika," Bahut jald baazi mei hui Uncle, kisi ko kuch bhi batane ka mauka hi nahi mila. Bahut kuch ek saath, ek jhatke mei ho gaya, kuch samajh hi nahi aaya ki hua kya."

Dr. Mathur then prepared a syringe and opened the cap of a medicine bottle. 

Rudra," Aap Dr. Mathur ko jaanti hai, Bhabhi?"

Anika," Haa Rudra, mai kuch saalon se jaanti hoo Mathur uncle ko."

Then calling out to him, she said," Uncle, yeh mere devar hai, Omkara aur Rudra. Par devar se zyada bhai hai. Aur yeh Mathur uncle hai, mere..."

Dr. Mathur," Dost. Dost banaya tha na mujhe?"

Anika smiled. " Haa, dost hai yeh mere", she laughed out. 

Dr. Mathur filled in the syringe with a medicine and brought out the cotton to help her take it in. 

In an amazing co-incidence, the pain Anika felt internally shot up by several notches, as if it had sensed the syringe coming towards itself. She took a few heavy breathes to calm herself down and started rubbing her neck and chest. The pain didn't stop. She started letting out agonizing moans and clutched her head to stop herself from spinning. 
Dr. Mathur quickly came by her side and injected the medicine in her. 

Om made her lie down properly and covered her with the sheet. The moans subsided and Anika fell into a slumber. 

Dr. Mathur wrapped up the things, checked her monitors once again and turned to OmRu. 

Dr. Mathur," Where is Mr. Oberoi?"

Rudra," He went out for sometime to clear his mind."

Dr. Mathur sighed. " I don't know what is with him. He just recovered from a mild cardiac arrest, which means he should be resting. When Anika was under treatment, he had taken the hospital by storm, but now that she's conscious, he's nowhere to be seen. Is something wrong with him?"

Om," He's entangled into an emotional mess that he cannot get out of, and that's taking a toll on him."

Dr. Mathur nodded and said,"Anyway, I need to talk to you regarding Anika, it's very urgent. He says he is her husband, so... he should be there. And you both should be there to handle him because its going to be tough."

He wiped away the beginnings of a tear from his eyes, but it did not go unnoticed by OmRu. They nodded and Dr. Mathur left to his cabin, thinking about how to solve the situation at hand. 

OmRu understood that Dr. Mathur shared a good relation with their Bhabhi. The way she spoke with him, frank and open, they knew these two went back a long way. They also knew that Dr. Mathur did not have a very good impression of Shivaay, considering the way he caused a chaos in the hospital, screaming his lungs out to cure his wife and then fell ill himself. One moment he begs to meet her, and when he can, he is nowhere around.  Any normal person seeing this for the first time would think Shivaay was the weirdest person on Earth. And if that normal person happened to know Shivaay's wife from a long time and was as learned as a doctor, well, he would definitely have doubts about their relation and how she fell into his mess of a man. 

And so did Dr. Mathur. 

Here, Om was busy trying to contact Shivaay. After a series of unanswered calls, a frustrated Om dialled Khanna to know about his brother's whereabouts. 

Khanna," Yes sir, I'll track his phone right away."

After a few minutes, a beep resounded on Om's phone, informing him about Shivaay's current location being a random Lucknowi bazaar. 

Om," Rudra, I'm sharing the location with you. Go bring him back. We need to talk to Dr. Mathur. Go, hurry up."

Rudra saw the ping on his phone, nodded and quickly left to bring his brother back, while Om asked the passing nurse the way to Dr. Mathur's cabin. 

******************************

Omkara was sitting outside Dr. Mathur's cabin, waiting for Shivaay and Rudra to arrive. He had peeked into the cabin and when he found it empty, he thought it would be the best to wait outside till he was back. 

He was drowning in thoughts and suspense. Anika and Dr. Mathur knew each other, but how? If Anika was his patient, then she probably had suffered through some major illness for the doctor to remember his patient. But since Dr. Mathur had mentioned a certain Divya, he knew it was something personal, but again, they didn't know about any family or friendly connections Anika has except for Chanda, her long time best friend. 

Om had not noticed Dr. Mathur entering inside his cabin, and neither had the latter. He was on a call with someone, a grave expression adorning his face, and his engrossed brain had refused to acknowledge Om sitting on the chair. 

Nobody around in the hospital realized when thirty minutes had passed. Om was absorbed into his thoughts, Dr. Mathur hadn't seen him, the other staff in the hospital thought him to be a relative in grief or shock, hence decided to leave him undisturbed and well the other passers-by didn't have anything to do with him. It was when Shivaay and Rudra's heavy footsteps resounded in the corridor and close to Om, when he snapped into reality. 

Shivaay put a hand on Om's shoulder and asked," Om? Why are you sitting here?"

Om kept looking at him, with no words coming out of his mouth. He didn't know what to say when he remembered that he had not seen the doctor in his cabin. 
" I'm waiting for Dr. Mathur."

Rudra had peeped inside and seen the white coated man peering over papers on his desk and mumbling something into the phone he held to his ear. 
Rudra," O, Dr. Mathur is inside."

And he knocked the door of the cabin. 

Shivaay and Om looked at each other. Shivaay understood that Om was disturbed, which is probably why he had not been aware of what was around him. And Om understood that Shivaay understood. 

Dr. Mathur came to the door, opened it and looked at the three of them, not once getting distracted from his phone. He let out a sign and moved aside to let the three brothers in. 

"Yes, yes...I understand, but is there nothing we can do? I mean there has to be some way..isn't it?...It would mean a lot if you could go over them, this one is really important, I have to save...yes, please....I will be waiting....thank you."

Dr. Mathur ended the call, looked at the three men seated before him with eager and hopeful eyes that he would remove all the apprehension that was whirlpool-ing into their minds at the thought of being summoned by the doctor. Because well, when a doctor summons you, it mostly isn't any good news. 

Shivaay," Dr. Mathur, you wanted to speak to us urgently...is Anika alright? She's recovering well?"

Dr. Mathur bit his lower lip and pressed the spectacles back to his nose. He was an aged man, maybe around the age of Tej, but had white streaks lining his hair already. He was a fair and tall man, and the aura he carried around him screamed sophistication. He seemed to be one of those doctors that walk hurriedly into the corridors of famous hospitals like the ones you see in movies, well-dressed and extremely good to do, who wok hard to earn name, fame and allow their children to follow whatever path they want. All the want is to see their family happy and spend time drinking tea with their wives after retirement. This meant that along with being a man of high repute, he came with a lot of experience and the tact of keeping himself composed during situations of emergency, and well, situations where he couldn't do anything. But this man sitting here, seemed the exact opposite of composed. He seemed angry to some extent, if put in a single word. 

Dr. Mathur," Look Mr. Oberoi, I'm not here to give you false hopes. Anika has come out from a blast, an explosion, so that is a miracle in itself. However, it doesn't seem like this was meant to be... "

Shivaay," What do you mean?"

Dr. Mathur looked at Shivaay, all the while trying to control his voice from coming out as a chocked one, and trying to not let his tears fall. 

Dr. Mathur," Her internal systems have been affected severely. All her organs are getting destroyed gradually. It's just a matter of time before..."

He could not complete the sentence. And this time his controlled sob was noticed by the brothers as well. 

OmRu looked devastated. Shivaay, he was poker faced. 

Shivaay," You're kidding me right?" and he let out a painful chuckle. 

Dr. Mathur took in a long breathe and his face contorted to accommodate the anger he had.

Dr. Mathur," Do you think it is all a joke Mr. Oberoi? "

Shivaay looked back at him with a confused face. "Excuse me?", he said. 

Dr. Mathur," Yes, you heard me. You say you are her husband, but I really don't think you know what's going on with her."

Shivaay got angry as well. " You mean to say I don't know my wife?", he asked with gritted teeth. 

Om got up from his seat and held Shivaay's shoulders. 

Om," Calm down Shivaay. Dr. Mathur is here to help us, you cannot behave like this with him. And you know, he knows Anika bhabhi from a long time."

Shivaay was shocked. He looked at Dr. Mathur and then at Om. He couldn't comprehend what was going on. Om pulled him up and took him to his seat, which was a bit behind Shivaay's original one and himself plopped down on the seat Shivaay was sitting on. 

Om," What's the matter Dr. Mathur? Aisa kya ho gaya?"

Dr. Mathur," Yeh toh mujhe aapse poochna chahiye. Aisa kya ho gaya ki mujhe Anika ke khoon mei drugs ki heavy dosage mili? "

Shivaay's head snapped upwards and Rudra's eyes widened. 

Om," Drugs?"

Dr. Mathur," Haa drugs. And not simple ones. Strong anti-depressants. A little high dosage can cause great damage, and this is what greatly hindered Anika from recovering. You all call yourself her family, her in-laws, but you did not know that she was taking these pills? It is beyond my understanding!"

Dr. Mathur started looking at the papers that cluttered his desk again. 

Dr. Mathur," I always keep my personal and professional life separate, and that has made me what I am today, but with Anika, I am breaking all my lines. What had happened that was so bad, that Anika had to resort to these dangerous drugs? She was over her suicidal tendencies, then what triggered her to do this? "

The Oberoi brothers looked at Dr. Mathur completely dumbfounded. Not a word came out from their mouth. They had no idea that the Anika who showed herself so brave and composed outside was a havoc that had destroyed her. 

In a small voice, that barely came out, Shivaay asked him," Dr. Mathur, she will be fine na?"

Dr. Mathur shot him a glance and replied," I told you already, don't make me repeat it again. It is hurting me as much as it is hurting you." 

Shivaay was numb. And so were OmRu. They couldn't come out of what Dr. Mathur just told them. His words were ringing in their ears.

Rudra," But Dr. Mathur, we can get bhabhi better treatment abroad, we can ask the best of the doctors to see her, we...we can save her na, please tell me we can save her, please."

Rudra's red eyes had already started shedding tears. He could not let his bhabhi go away, again. He was so desperate that he was crying and pleading to Dr. Mathur to help them to save his beloved Anika bhabhi. In his frenzy, he fell down at Dr. Mathur's feet and held his legs. 

Rudra," Dr. Mathur, please...please save my bhabhi, I cannot let her go away again. She...she is your friend na, she said she's your dost, will you not save your dost? I'm..I'm ready to do anything, just please save her, please...."

Saying so, he started crying more intensely , his grip loosening from Dr. Mathur's feet and his body gradually slopping towards the floor. 

Dr. Mathur looked at the desperate kid, held him from the shoulders and lifted him to his feet. When Rudra looked at his face, he was immediately engulfed into a hug. 

Dr. Mathur," I'm trying my best Rudra. I don't want to let her go. I'm trying, but as a doctor, I cannot give you false hopes, I'm sorry."

They broke the hug and Dr. Mathur quickly wiped his tears. 
"I spoke to Dr. Evan, the best doctor for accidental and burn cases in the USA and Dr. Lee in Singapore, sent them her reports. I'll see what they have to say, what we can do. Just pray to God, and...take care of him", he said giving one last glance to Shivaay before walking out of his cabin. 

Om and Shivaay, still unable to move, were standing like statues in the cabin. 

And then Shivaay had a flash of what Dr. Mathur said, and he immediately ran out of the cabin, shocking Om and Rudra both. 

____________________________

Alright! I hope some things got cleared, or did they just get more jumbled? 
That's for you to know and me to keep wondering xD

All those who genuinely thought it was Shivaay who entered her ward, please I'm really sorry! My sincere apologies for not being predictable...

Since the target was done for the last chapter, I'll be waiting for 120 votes this time. Please, please don't disappoint me *puppy face*

Also, if you have any scene or anything that you would like to see in this sequence, please feel free to DM me, I'll be more than happy to incorporate it here. 

Stay safe, take care. 

Until next time, 

<3