Chapter 12

Hey guys, I'm sorry for the late update. Hope I can still maintain a respectable audience. Please read the note at the end, it's important!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share with friends!
__________________________________

A bunch of nurses came first and with Om's help they put Shivaay on the stretcher. Dr. Mathur came quickly and took Shivaay into the examination room. 
After his examination, Shivaay was also admitted to a VIP ward and Rudra approached the doctor when he came out. 

Rudra," Doctor, kya hua hai bhaiya ko?"
Doctor," Heart pe bahut stress pada hai, which is not good for his heart condition. It was lucky that he did not get a cardiac arrest. You will have to be very careful else problem badh jaayegi. I've injected him the medicines and he should be awake tomorrow morning."
Rudra," Thank you doctor!"
Dr. Mathur nodded and left. Rudra peered in through the glass panel on the door and saw his bhaiya sleeping on the bed, wires attached to his hands and a beeping monitor showing his erratic heart beat. Pinky and Rudra sat outside Shivaay's ward and the rest were outside Anika's OT. Doctors, nurses and ward boys were going and coming out, sometimes to call the doctors, sometimes to bring an equipment or medicines and sometimes to just take a break from the heartbreaking situation inside the operation theater. 

Late at night, the doctors and nurses came out one by one, after having completed Anika's surgery. Successful or not, it seemed that they didn't know themselves. 
The family had almost dozed off on the chairs outside the OT, so no one was awake enough to notice when they all had come out. 
Jhanvi had gone to check on Shivaay, and had come back at that very moment. She was a bit hesitant and super scared to approach the doctor, as the previous conversations with them had not gone down well. 
Very timidly, with all the courage she could gather in that moment, she asked,
"Dr. Mathur, how is Anika?"

Dr. Mathur looked at Jhanvi with a grave expression and let out a long and heavy sigh. 
"Look Mrs. Oberoi, Anika is not in a good condition. We've already done everything we could and she'll be moved to the ward once we are assured that her body has accepted the surgery. Whether or not it will be successful, whether or not Anika will gain consciousness, is a possibility we do not know about. We can only come to a conclusion after we check her in the morning. If she gains consciousness, then you can meet her."

Jhanvi just nodded her head and the doctor excused himself. She did not know why she felt so disappointed, the doctor had already said that she may not live long. Maybe after seeing Shivaay, there was a small light of hope in her heart that maybe, just maybe Anika will be better. But her mind had battled out that Anika was the victim of a bomb explosion, the survivors of which are very rare to be seen. And after listening to what Dr. Mathur had to say now, the fear in her mind had just come true. Maybe Anika will live, or maybe she will not. 

She woke up Om, told him about the situation and asked him to wake the others up. They both convinced everyone to go and book rooms in a hotel and take rest. Tej took Dadi and Jhanvi, while Shakti saw Pinky sitting outside Shivaay's ward, probably about to cry. 
Shakti," Pinky, chalo hotel chalke aram kar lo."
Pinky looked up at him with teary eyes.
Pinky," Kaise aram kar lu Shaktiji, mera baccha yahan hospital ke bistar mei pe toota phoota pada hai, toh mai kaise aram karungi?"
Shakti," Shivaay theekh ho gaya hai Pinky, Dr. Mathur ne kaha na chinta ki koi baat nahi hai. Chalo hotel mei aram kar lo, hum kal subah aake Shivaay ko dekh lenge."
Pinky," Nahi Shaktiji, mai apne bacche ko aise akele chodh ke kahi nahi jaaungi."
Shakti," Oho Pinky, Shivaay akela kahan hai? Omru dono hai na uske saath. Aur tum hi batao, kal subah Shivaay uthke dekhga ki uski maa raat bhar soyi nahi hia, toh usse accha lagega?"
Pinky just nodded her head while crying. 
Shakti," Nahi na, chalo apne nahi toh, Shivaay ke liye hi hotel chalo."

Pinky wiped her tears, got up and went to Omru. She told them to take care of Shivaay. When they silently nodded, she turned towards the door, looked at her son once and left with Shakti.
Om stayed with Rudra, outside Shivaay's ward while Anika was being shifted to her ward. 

Rudra," Yeh sab kya ho raha hai O? Wahan bhabhi hai, yahan bhaiya hai. Kehne ko toh dono divorced hai, ek doosre ki shakal nahi dekhna chahte, par fir bhi jab ek ko chot lagti hai toh doosre ko bhi kuch ho jaata hai. Dono ke dono iss haalat mei hospital mei admitted hai."
Om," Yehi toh ishqbaazi ki nishaani hai Rudra. Har insaan, har chez in dono ko yeh dikhane ki koshish karti hai ki yeh dono ek doosre se saccha pyaar karte hai, nahi reh sakte ek doosre ke bina, par inn dono ki tadi ka pahad itna bada hai ki uske aage kuch dikhta hi nahi hai."
Rudra," Sahi keh rahe ho O, dekhna, jab bhaiya aur bhabhi theekh ho jaayenge, dono wapas ek saath aa jaayenge and log inki ishqbaazi ki misaalein denge."
Om," Kaash Rudra, kaash aisa hi ho. Aur kuch nahi toh dono ka dard kam jaayega. " 

When Om was informed that Anika was shifted, he went there and got inside. Om badly wanted to see the resting face of his sister-in-law, because he knew that once he would see that, all the fear in his heart and mind would also come to rest. He knew that his bhabhi had that power and the aura around her to calm the restlessness of any person just by appearing to them, after all he had seen The Shivaay Singh Oberoi give in to her demands and surrender before her arguments. The lights in the ward were switched off, something along the lines of making the patient comfortable, so he went and sat on the couch instead and drifted off to sleep.
Rudra sat on the chair outside Shivaay's ward and rested his head against the wall, letting his mind shut down the present situation and the pessimistic thoughts that lingered there. 
__________________________

Ab Shivaay ki halat bhi bigad gayi. Maine kaha tak Anika se zyada nakre na kare, but woh toh SSO ki biwi thehri, hum jaiso ki baat kahan maanegi. Dekhte hai ab kya hota hai. 

On a serious note, the outbreak of coronavirus in the world is becoming dangerous day by day. Cases are increasing and we don't even know when this is going to end. We can only hope and pray that we hear better news the next morning. In this emergency, I hope you will all stand in solidarity with the people serving our nation in this crisis. Please observe Janata curfew on 22nd March 2020, self-quarantine yourself from 7 am to 9 pm, follow medical discipline, do not panic, verify all the information you get from authorized sources and salute the warriors battling this enemy. We can all win this battle because India, it's time to fight back! 

Until next time,
<3