Chapter 11

Hey everyone! I've reached 2k views in 5 days and it's all because of you guys, who've made it possible. Thank you so much for all your love and support. 
Don't forget to vote, comment and share with friends!
______________________________

After listening to the doctor, there was pin drop silence in the corridor. No one had anything to say, probably because they could not believe that the situation was this intense. They were close to losing Anika as she lay inside the Operation Theater battling for life. And as usual, Pinky ko chodh kar sab ke dilon ke sur mil rahe the, but the woman had enough self-respect and sense to not create a scene at that moment. 

Om and Rudra were crying, and so were Jhanvi and Shakti. Dadi sat down on the chair with a thud, making everyone look at her. 
Dadi," Yeh sab kya ho raha hai mere parivaar mei. Aisa lagta hai jaise kisi kaale saaye ki chapet mei aa gaye hai hum log. "
Jhanvi went to her, sat down beside her and hugged her tightly. 
Jhanvi, " Sab theekh ho jaayega Mummyji. Sab theekh ho jaayega. Ap vishwas rakhiye. Bhagwaanji aur Shivaay milke sab theekh kar denge."

Tej had a sad expression on his face, but it was genuine or a facade, no one knew and neither did they bother to know. 

And Shivaay. No reaction at all. Bhoot dekh liya tha usne. Saanp sungh gaya tha usse. He did not say anything, did not move, just stood there staring away at the door of the OT. 
Om shook his shoulder and asked," Shivaay, tujhe kya hua? Kuch bolega nahi tu? "
Shivaay looked at him. 
Shivaay," Kya bolu mai Om? Mere bolne ke liye kuch bacha hi nahi hai. And..and jab kisi gunhegaar ko saza mil rahi hoti hai na, toh unka chup rehna hi better hota hai."
Rudra," Bhaiya yeh kya bole ja rahe ho aap?"

Shivaay," Galti toh meri hi hai na. Mer wajah se hi Anika flight mei chadhi, aur woh hijack ho gayi. Agar mai nahi hota, toh yeh sab bhi nahi hota na...Aur waise bhi, doctor ne yeh sab jo kuch bhi bola, sab bakwaas hai. Aisa ho hi nahi sakta. Anika..Anika itni jaldi muje chodh ke nahi jaa sakti, itni jaldi woh haar nahi maan sakti hai."

He went to Dadi and sat down at her feet, keeping his head on her lap. 
Shivaay," Dadi, aap toh jaanti hai na ki kitni ziddi hai Anika? Fir aap kyu ro rahi hai? Aapko pata hai na ki ek baar jo woh thaan leti hai woh karke hi chodhti hai...meri tadi se bhi zyada ziddi hai Anika. Yeh doctors ko kuch nahi pata, but mujhe pata hai, Anika uthegi and fir apni tadi mei sabko daant lagayegi. Dadi aapne itna kasht kyu kia? Shivaay aapne dawaiyaan khai ya nahi? Rudra tum gym se ghar aaye the ya poora din wahi rahe? Om tumne firse toh apni painting nahi fenk di na? Papa aapne apna subah nashta kyu nahi kiya?.....Poora ghar firse sir pe utha legi. Mat roiye Dadi, iss mei rone ki koi bhi baat nahi hai."
Dadi just put her hand on his head, smiled and said," Rabb teri khwaish aur tera pyaar poora kare Billu!"

Shivaay was speaking as if he was assuring himself and not Dadi. It hurt everyone, even Pinky to see him in such a vulnerable and broken state and everyone had tears after they heard what he had to say. Even Tej cried, yes, the Stone Singh Oberoi's uncle, Mountain Singh Oberoi also cried, he also shed a couple of tears when he reminisced the time when Anika had been in Oberoi Mansion. Tej was never one to notice all this or even bother about it, his business took away most of his time, but sometime before Anika was thrown out, he had come to see how the stone and cement building had turned into a happy house with the cries of Anika and Shivaay fighting and then consoling each other and Omru's laughter. It had brought to him the memories of his own youth, when Jhanvi and him would behave in the same way and Dadi would laugh at their antics. 

After Rudra tried to pick Shivaay up, he got up and sat down on one of the chairs, waiting for the time when he would be able to go and meet Anika. At that time, a nurse jogged by and came to Om. 
Nurse," Sir, aap Mr. Omkara Oberoi hai?"
Om," Ji kahiye."
Nurse," Hum patient ki ek last surgery karne jaa rahe hai, uske liye aapke iss forms pe signatures chahiye."
Om," But mere signatures kyu? Shivaay inn pe sign karega na."
Nurse," Sir aapka hi closest relation diya hai. Aap unke bhai hai na, toh aapko hi sign karne honge papers."
Om," Nahi sister, closest relation Shivaay ka hai, woh patient ke husband hai. Mai usse sign karwa leta hoo papers."

Om took the papers and sat beside Shivaay. 
Om," Shivaay, hospital ko tere signatures chahiye bhabhi ki surgery karne ke liye. "
Shivaay," Kya likha hai Om papers mei?"
Om skimmed through the papers and his eyes widened. Shivaay saw this and took them into his own hands and started reading. Till the end, he was thoroughly pissed.

Shivaay," What the hell is all this nonsense! Doctor! Doctor!"
Dr. Mathur came running from the other side with a syringe in his hand and a pair of scissors in the other. 
Doctor," Kya hua Mr. Oberoi, why are you shouting?"
Shivaay," Dr. Mathur what nonsense is this? These papers say that Anika's operation is risky and if she cannot survive the process then the hospital will not take any responsibility. How can you say this?"
Doctor," Calm down Mr. Oberoi. First of all, you are shouting and it is disturbing the other patients. Secondly, Ms. Anika is in a very critical condition. This is the last chance we have to make her gain consciousness for sometime so that she can meet everyone for the last time. If we do not perform this surgery, she is not going to wake up from her coma and will succumb to her injuries. Do you want to let her go like that?"

Pin drop silence again. Shivaay was raging with fury and was ready to blast at anyone who came his way. 
Shivaay," Doctor, what do you mean by let her go? She's not going anywhere, do you understand that? She is Anika, my Anika and she will fight and live. However badly she may have been hurt, I know that our love and warmth can heal her. How dare you even say that she has to meet everyone for the last time, everyone will be with her forever, she is not going to die, you understand? She is Mrs. Anika Shivaay Singh Oberoi, and I will not let her go so easily!

Dr. Mathur was not scared, because he had heard that Shivaay Singh Oberoi's wrath is deadly. He had got a first hand experience today. Bhagya hi dhanya ho gaye uske! 
Doctor," Mr. Oberoi, please try to understand. She cannot liv...."
Shivaay," Om, take him away before I do something I'll regret."

Om," Doctor, I apologise on his behalf. He is not in a good state of mind and he lashed out on you. I'm sorry for this, and I would really appreciate if you could not really talk to him about bhabhi."
Doctor," I understand Mr. Oberoi, how difficult it is for him and it's not easy for me also to see the patient I have been treating for so long in a helpless situation like this. Anyway, please make sure that the papers are signed else we won't be able to begin with the surgery."
Om," Yes Doctor, I'll see to them. Thank you so much."

In all this hassle, Om never realized that Dr. Mathur had said that he had been treating Anika for a long time. No one else heard it and it did not strike Om, so probably this would be one small thing which would die as a mystery. 

Om went back to Shivaay.
"Shivaay, what was that? You cannot shout on Dr. Mathur like this, he is treating Anika bhabhi. And sign these papers now."
Shivaay," Om did you not hear what all he said? Absolute rubbish. And I'm not going to sign these stupid useless papers."
Before Om could say anything further, Rudra pulled him aside. 
Rudra,"O, bhaiya abhi right state of mind mei nahi hai. Unhe abhi bhabhi ke theekh hone ke ilawa kuch samajh nahi aayega. Aap unse baat karke bas apna time waste kar rahe ho, aap khud hi papers sign kar do."
Om understood what Rudra had to say and signed the papers on being related to Anika as her brother. A nurse came and took the papers away, telling him that they are going to start the surgery soon.

A tear slid down Shivaay's beautiful eyes and his chest started paining. He craned his neck from side to side, opened the first two buttons of his shirt and fidgeted with his collar. Then he began to start breathing heavily, but the pain continued and was only getting worse. 
Finally, after a shriek of pain and clutching his chest so hard that it seemed he would rip it off, Shivaay started getting dizzy and falling off the chair. Om caught him in time.
Om," Shivaay....shivaay kya ho raha hai tujhe? Rudra doctor ko bula."

_________________________________

Golmaal hai bhai sab golmaal hai. Ho kya raha hai yahan pe, yeh kisi ko samajh nahi aa raha. Tbh, mujhe bhi nahi. Ab toh waqt hi bataega ki age kya hoga. 
Coronavirus ab zyada zor se fail raha hai, please be careful annd safe.
Until next time,
<3