Chapter 16

Hey guys! I hope you're doing well. Here's the next part. 
Don't forget to vote, comment and share with friends!
____________________

The Oberoi family had changed. It seemed as if a huge hurricane had hit them, and bereft them of any happiness. None of the members, literally none were in their usual character. Whether or not they knew what happened to Anika, did not seem to make much of a difference, because just the fact that the two lifelines of the Oberoi family were bandaged and on bed rest, was enough to kill the mirth carried by any of them.

Shivaay, Shakti and Dadi, ignorant of the actual hurricane waiting for them, were in Shivaay's ward. The two elders were sitting on the couch and the chair, heads down, lost in deep thought. Sometimes, when either of them would look up, they would pass a small smile to each other, just for the assurance that they're there. Shivaay was tensed to be correct, but he knew that if he would take the overthinking burden on him at the moment, he would remain attached to the dips forever. He would make small talk with the company he had, wonder why Om, Jhanvi and Tej wouldn't come to meet him, think about the reason why Anika left him, try to look into Rudra's eyes and read what he was hiding and when he got tired of not being able to succeed, he would just give up and sleep. He tried to ensure that he took care of himself and be fine enough to walk, because  all that ran in his head was that he wanted to go and see his Anika.

The worst affected of the lot was Rudra. Long gone was the dumb, cheerful boy who would crack lame jokes and entertain his family. He was now an intelligent, serious guy who knew what to say and when to shut up. Long gone was the one who would speak gibberish and bring a smile to the already happy faces. He couldn't even think of a one-liner to change this mood everyone had fallen into. Long gone was the kid who would show-off, and what he was now, could be seen by everyone without a work spoken and without a tear shed.

The situation in Anika's ward was in complete contrast. All words of hope had lost their relevance. Om, Jhanvi and Tej would sit on the couch, completely lost in thoughts. Occasionally, one of them would glance at Anika and all the depressing thoughts that they were trying to run away from would come flooding inside. None of them had the courage to speak a single word. Pinky was not there in the ward. She had left after seeing the condition there. She couldn't be found in the hospital corridors either, and after they had just known that she was behind Anika's exit from Oberoi Mansion, no one was bothered enough to find out where she was. 

The only movement in Anika's ward was the frequent in and out of the nurse appointed for her, who would come in between intervals and check her, take notes and after she left, Dr. Mathur would come in, look at the Oberois, frown a little, check Anika and leave. 

It was after Shivaay had his evening medicines that the first signs of activity in the Oberoi family were seen. Dr. Mathur had entered his ward and was talking to him. 
Dr. Mathur," How are you feeling, Mr. Oberoi?"
Shivaay," Very fine, Dr. Mathur. When can I leave?"
Dr. Mathur gave him a small smile. 
"Your signs are all fine. Due to the medicines, you'll fall asleep in some time, and after you wake up, we will check you again. If all your vitals are okay, then we will discharge you."

Shivaay was somewhat happy knowing that he wouldn't have to stay in this place much longer. His body was itching to get rid of the hospital clothes and drips, and itching more to take her in his arms. As Dr. Mathur left, in a few minutes, Shivaay fell asleep owing to the intensity of his medicines. 

When Shivaay was sound asleep, Shakti, Dadi and Rudra made their way to Anika's ward. Rudra had told them of the majority family meeting that had been called, and they were more than eager to leave Shivaay in the care of a ward boy to see what was actually going on. 

***************************