Saved by the stranger- ch. twelve

Natsu's pov:
I watched as Lucy began to shake and cry in fear; Brett stared deeply at her showing no sign in stoping.

I need to step in now. This could get ugly if Brett is in this state of mind.

I walk to them and snatch Lucy away from Brett. I hide her behind me and glare at him. "Brett, you need to calm down. You're scaring Lucy." He grit his teeth and snapped. "I DON'T EVEN GET WHY THE FUCK YOU BROUGHT HER HERE! SHE IS GOING TO RUIN EVERYTHING! IF SHE FINDS OUT-" I punched him in the face to shut him up and he fell to the floor, holding his nose in pain.

Lucy gasped in fear as she backed away slowly. I look at her to see her cowering in fear so much more then she did with Brett. I started to walk to her, but she kept backing away from me. I stop and look into her eyes. "Lucy-" she stoped me "st-stay away from me!" She yelled at me. I stood there in shock. I didn't know what to say. She looked down and then back to me. She tried to give me an angry look, but failed. She turned on her heel and ran as quickly as possible.

Lucy's pov:
I ran as fast as I could to my room. I didn't even want to look back. I ran up the stairs quickly, but at one point lost my balance. I tried to catch myself, but it was too late. I started to fall and roll down the stairs. It hurt so badly. I tried to cover my head with my hands and arms. I think I heard someone yell my name. I felt arms wrap around me as they stopped me from falling, but I'm sure I've already reached the bottom.

I couldn't open my eyes, I couldn't even move my body.

Why? Why do I hear everyone freaking out?! I'm fine!

Natsu's pov:
Brett and I followed her and see her falling down the stairs. I had to act quickly, but before I could do anything, Brett ran past me. He went straight for a Lucy. That's when we both yelled her name in fear. Brett caught her before the last 10 steps. He held her close with her face in his chest to prevent any further injuries.

They finally hit the bottom and I ran to go see if they were both ok. Maids and butlers also came running to see if she and Brett were alright. Brett slowly let go of her and she slips from his hands. She was limp. One of the maids quickly checked her pulse. "She is alive, but badly injured..." she looked around at everyone. "WELL?! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU FOOLS WAITING FOR?! CALL FOR A DAMN AMBULANCE!!"

Everyone was shocked at her outburst, but I soon got over it and pulled my phone out. "I'll do it."

(A/N: Oooo~I've waited so long for this pov!)

Brett's pov:
Natsu stepped away to call an ambulance. I sat there on my knees looking at Lucy in shock, fear, and rage.

Why the hell did I treat her like this!? She didn't fucking deserve it!

I looked up to see everyone crowding around us. I shooed them away a few steps. Everyone that had gotten to know Lucy these past few days were crying and sobbing. She has this... affect on people. I, myself began to cry. I held her close to me and sobbed. "Lucy... I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! Please! Open your eyes! LUCY!" She was limp. Nothing more nothing less. Only just a few shallow breaths. Everyone was whispering in worry.

"Excuse me- I said excuse me!" Hadly?
"Move outta our way!" Nova?
"Let us through!" Keely?

Soon they were all three standing in front of Lucy's limp body and me holding her. Hadly gasped and covered her mouth with both hands. Keely and Nova has an angered expression. Nova clinched her fist and was about to punch me in the face, but Keely stopped her.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO, BRETT?!" Nova yelled at me. I put my head down in shame, not saying a word. I got hit in the head with something. It was Nova's shoe. "Nova! Cut it out!" Keely said trying to calm her down. "NO WAY IN FUCKING HELL! HE DID SOMETHING TO HER! ILL KILL HIM-" she got cut off by Hadly. "Stop it!" Hadly ran in front of both me and Lucy, holding her arms up. "My brother would never do anything to arm anyone! This must be a miss understanding! So please Nova.. calm down." Hadly finishes as she has tears streaming down her face.

Nova stops yelling and squirming. Keely lets her go and Nova walked over to Hadly. She hugged her then sat beside Lucy and I. She ran her fingers through Lucy's soft blond hair and whispered in her ear.

"Lucy.. if you can hear us.. please wake up.. we are all so worried. We are sorry for fighting. Lucy.."

Lucy, still didn't wake up. Natsu came running back to us. "The ambulance will be here in less then 2 minutes. They are already at the gate." I nod and pick Lucy up. I hand her to Natsu. He thanks me and runs outside holding her close.

Natsu's pov:
I see the ambulance coming through the gate. I couldn't just stand there. I began to run as fast as I could to meet the ambulance half way.

Come on Luce, just hold in a little longer.

I get to the ambulance and people started to rush out. One man took her from me. The stretcher was ready and he put her on there. They began to check her pulse and breathing.

"Sir, her breathing is shallow and her pause is too slow." The one who took Lucy explained to an older looking man. He must be in charge. "Stella, put the oxygen mask on her and let's get her to the hospital fast!" They put Lucy in the ambulance and my head started to spin. "WAIT! Can I come too! Please?!" The woman named Stella and the guy who took Lucy both look at the older guy. "Yes, but you have to stay calm." I nodded and jumped into the back. Stella and the guy closed the doors after they got in. The older man went to the front to drive.

WASH YOUR GOD DAMN HANDS YOU FILTHY SINNERS!

(This idea was given to me by fairytail_for_two )