I

It was a hot July day and Arden was practically dying in the summer head

It was a hot July day and Arden was practically dying in the summer head. She groaned, "Goddamn it, you'd think the government would have enough money to have an actual working AC in their building."

Reid responded, "We're underfunded and going through budget cuts." Arden shot him a look. "I-if you want to cool down why don't you take off your blazer and roll up your sleeves?"

She sighed, "Maybe you have a point Dr. Reid. Problem is I'm wearing a white blouse."

Reid gave her a confused look before a look of realization hit him. "Oh."

"Mhmm."

"Well I have a t-shirt you could borrow," he offered. "Although it might fit a bit snug."

"Reid, how long have we known each other?"

"Six months, three weeks, six days, nine hours, and 21 minute with 30 seconds," He responded.

"Exactly. Now hand me the damn t-shirt before I die in this summer heat."

"Language," Hotch said as he passed by. His gaze was fixated on a file. Arden just rolled her eyes and grumbled something. "I'm sorry Agent Carter. Maybe you want yo say that a bit louder so everyone can hear." Hotch looked up at her. "Why on earth are you holding a t-shirt?"

"Why on earth are you wearing a three piece suit in this hot humid summer day is the better question," she retorted.

"Just take off that blazer and roll up your sleeves," Hotch said. "I don't see the problem. That t-shirt isn't dress appropriate."

Reid saw the wheels turning in her head as she did as she was told. The young genius braced himself. Arden took off the blazer in one fluid motion and bent town to place it on the floor.

She smiled at him. "Happy?"

To say that Aaron Hotchner was at a loss for words would be an understatement. Morgan whistled as he walked towards them. "Wow Carter, didn't know you would be giving us a little show sugar," Morgan teased as he refered to her white blouse that was practically see through with the amount of perspiration on her skin.

Hotch cleared his throat. "Agent Carter go change. It's an FBI t-shirt so I'll over look it just this once."

Arden triumphantly grinned, "Yes sir."

Morgan gave her a high five as Hotch walked away. "I got nothing but respect you," he told her.

Arden laughed, "I tried to warn him. It's like more than a hundred degrees in here. The humidity is killing me."

"Sweetie, don't you know about East Coast humidity?"

"I've heard about it, but I'm more of a Cali girl. Been stationed in San Francisco for the past two years before coming here," Arden replied.