XXXVII

Arden and Aaron found themselves at a house Rossi had rented for them

Arden and Aaron found themselves at a house Rossi had rented for them. It was beyond luxurious and way more than Arden had bargained for. It had been a week and Strauss would be notifying Aaron on Tuesday. This weekend was her last chance to come clean.

They placed their bags in the living room and immediately she noticed that familiar cheeky grin on his face. "Oh no. I know that look," she chuckled.

Aaron kissed her. "Well then you know where our first stop will be," he replied as he picked her up and carried her into one of the rooms.

In the following days after Foyet's death they had found peace. It wasn't a perfect end to their pain but it had made it livable. They were determined to move on. Things were slowly adjusting to a new sense of normal. Arden found herself able to smile again.

"I love you," she told him as she kissed him on the lips. "I love you and I know for a fact that I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

She could feel his smile against her lips. "Well I'm glad because I feel the same way. I don't care what the hell my mother says. I'd marry you in a heartbeat. No more sneaking around. No more secrets."

Arden took her shot. "I have a confession to make." Aaron scooted a bit away in order to give her space to talk. "I may be getting a transfer to the Pentagon against my will."

"What?"

"A month ago Strauss tried to pass it off as a deal I could say no to. But I quickly realized that there was only one response," she told him.

"Just another reason why I hate politics. What are the benefits?"

"Stable work hours, higher pay," Arden replied. "I wasn't sure how you'd react so I tried to keep it from you. I was scared you'd be mad."

Aaron caressed her cheek as he smiled and said, "I could never be mad at you. Sure I'll miss being with you on cases, but on the bright side we won't have to hide our relationship anymore."

"You really are one of a kind Aaron Hotchner."

"So I'm told. Now less talking and more fun."

"Yes sir."

That was the moment they realized just how perfect they were for each other. "Stable work hours could mean maybe we could try again," Aaron suggested.

Arden laughed, "Let's just stick to practicing for now."

Arden slowly allowed herself to open up to the possibility of welcoming another child. Life couldn't be spent regretting and doubting. The best they could do was keep living.

~~~~~~~~~

"Sean hurry up," Aaron groaned.

"I'm trying but-"