XVII

Morning eventually came with the constant flow of time

Morning eventually came with the constant flow of time. Arden woke up to the familiar smell of bacon and eggs. She rolled out of bed and got ready like clockwork. Leroy curled up in her bed after she made the bed. She gave him a soft pet as she put on her slacks and tucked in her dress shirt. Walking into the kitchen she was greeted by Aaron who was wearing an apron with the words, Kiss the Cook, written across it.

She chuckled, "Oh there is no way in hell that's my apron."

"It was a birthday gift from Morgan."

"Pfft, how cliche can he get?"

Aaron laughed. "So how did your date go?"

She shrugged, "Alright. I mean free food is always a bonus and I got this wicked milkshake recipe I am just dying to try. Mmmmm, pure heaven."

"I was browsing through apartments in this area since you seem to like it, and I found this two bedroom apartment for roughly the same price as this one."

Arden contemplated it. Living with Aaron would mean, a, an in home cook, b, someone who cleaned, c, half the rent, and d, a friends with benefits buddy. Basically having Aaron around was like having her own personal house wife. What did she have to lose? "Alright, I'll bite. What will we tell the team?"

"You wanted to move into a nicer apartment but couldn't afford rent and were looking for a roommate. Since I am currently couch surfing you decided to ask me if I was willing to be your roommate and I said yes," Aaron stated.

"Eh, believable enough. Fine. But we need to set house rules. Y'know if any of us ever want to bring someone over or one of our teammates is coming over."

"We can draft something up later. For now let's go to work and actually tell them. I just put down the deposit and we have to move out very soon."

"Good thing my lease is up—wait, you talked to my landlord didn't you?"

"Guilty."

"Aaron!"

"What? I knew you would say yes."

"No you didn't."

"It was a coin toss."

"What would you have done if I said no?"

Aaron shrugged, "Probably still take the apartment. Maybe have Sean as my roommate. Oh wait, that plan has gone to the fucking garbage disposal since he wants to throw away all the money I put into his college education by becoming a goddamn chef."

Arden rolled her eyes. "Well no need to be a jackass about it. Maybe he'll come around."

"Arden you don't know Sean. When he has his mind set on something there is nothing that can stop him," Aaron stated. "Nothing."

"Well I guess that must be genetic, because have you met yourself? You are so damn stubborn at times."

"I can't deny that." Aaron approached her and kissed her. He propped her up on the counter.