XI

Their relationship was getting out of hand

Their relationship was getting out of hand. Aaron had that thought in his head after they were almost caught kissing in the elevator by JJ one morning. It seemed that their attraction for each other was on the verge of exploding.

Arden collapsed on the couch as soon as they arrived home after a case. It had been a long month. After San Francisco they had immediately any other case. From that case they went on another without any time it rest. Now she was dead tired and wanted to sleep for an entire week.

She put up her hands in surrender. "I give up. No more work. Please," she groaned. "I'm so sleepy and dead and I swear if I move a muscle I'm going to collapse."

Aaron rolled his eyes. "Wow aren't you the drama queen Arden."

"Ugh I should have left knocking down doors for Morgan," she complained as massaged her shoulder blades.

Aaron gave her a look. "Then maybe you shouldn't be tackling people," he pointed out as he reached into the refrigerator for a drink.

"Well he was running away and we had a warrant for his arrest," Arden argued. "Morgan was on the other end and even if he sprinted I was the closest. And no offense to Reid, but he isn't exactly the most athletic of the group."

"It looked like a baby zebra tacking a horse," Aaron snorted as he thought back to the moment.

"Ugh! Well don't remind this baby zebra. Her back is regretting her actions."

Aaron as tired of her complained. "Lay on your stomach," he ordered.

"Aaron, not now," she replied. "Can't you see I'm exhausted and in pain."

He rolled his eyes, "Yes, I can see that. So roll over and get on your stomach now. I'm going to give you a massage. So get comfortable."

"Yes sir," she muttered as she obeyed. "I swear you have a kink for that."

He rolled his eyes and ignored her comment. "Just relax your shoulders."

"Is your ex-wife still living in the house?"

"Refuses to leave. We're going to talk to a lawyer about dividing assets."

"At least you have a prenup. I don't put it past some people to leave their partner with nothing. Had a friend who's ex-wife drained their bank accounts."

"Just relax," he ordered.

"Fine," she pouted. "Work your magic."

Arden had to admit that Aaron gave good back massages. She could feel the tension in her shoulders fade away. What she didn't notice were the small sounds she made. Aaron tried to ignore then. He really did try.

Arden was a bit surprised when he stopped. "W-why did you stop?"

"Because you keep making these noises and-"