XXXI

Arden sat right next to Sean during one of his lectures

Arden sat right next to Sean during one of his lectures. She refused to let Sean out of her sight. She took the opportunity to message between Alex Pierce who was now leading the San Francisco PD. She wanted to know how his brother Jack was doing.

"Class is over," Sean said as he packed his things up.

"Great. Where to next?"

Sean chuckled, "You really do blend in as a college student."

Arden shrugged, "Depends what I wear and makeup."

"Why are you going to class with me? I know there's this serial killer after our family but I thought he targeted only coupled. At least that's what Morgan told me."

Arden and Sean walked to his next class. She shrugged, "He left a picture of you and I with Morgan's creds. This is his declaration that we are his next targets. Foyet is all about power and manipulation. So long as we don't give in he can't win. As for why I'm following you around Georgetown it's due to the fact that I'm taking time off in order to protect you. We're all going to take shifts."

"Is this the compromise?"

"Yes it is since you rejected witsec. There's not much we can do considering that. No one wants to give us an agent to be on guard 24/7 and watch our apartment. My buddies at the police department said they'd patrol the area around our apartment more frequently throughout the day. And you have the phone number of one of my police friends. He promised he'd pick up no matter what. If you feel like you're being followed or in danger you call that number or Morgan or me," she instructed Sean.

Sean looked at Arden. "Is this really the world you and Aaron live in? Looking over your shoulder? Thinking what if a criminal you put in jail escapes and comes after your family."

"Side effect of the job. I knew what I was signing up for."

"Yeah but you're only in this situation because you're dating my brother."

"I don't really believe that," Arden replied. "I believe that even if I wasn't dating him there would be a possibility of me being a target. But if he goes after a federal agent all hell will rain down on him if he makes it to court."

"If?" Sean raised an eyebrow.

"He might not be alive once I'm done with him. Every second I'm left alone with my thoughts I'm plotting, scheming, planning, because he won't escape this time." Arden was beyond angry. She was furious at the fact that someone was threatening her family. No one messed with the people she loved.

"I hope you guys catch him soon. I'm worried about Aaron's mental state," Sean confessed. "Hell I'll even hang with Morgan if it means you can distract him with other things."

Arden snorted, "You mean sex? You think sex is going to brighten Aaron's mood?"

Sean shrugged, "I dunno. It's the best I can come up with."