XXI

Morgan was like a frat boy whenever they went out for drinks or any outing that resembled a party or had alcohol

Morgan was like a frat boy whenever they went out for drinks or any outing that resembled a party or had alcohol. Arden sat at the bar with JJ while Morgan was off dancing with some girls. Garcia and Reid were playing a drinking with some nerds at one of the tables.

"So, you weren't joking around," JJ said.

Arden shook her head and took a gulp of her drink. "No I was not."

"So all these months you weren't just trying to be cute."

Arden laughed, "No I wasn't trying to be cute. Why does it surprise you so much? JJ , you're an attractive woman and I would have to be blind not to see it."

JJ blushed. "I wasn't sure. Honest."

"It's fine JJ. You grew up in Allegheny. I can imagine there weren't too many liberals in the area. San Francisco on the other hand, is home to the most liberals of all. I don't mind. Honest. I'm a tough girl." Arden was telling the truth. Sure her flirtation with JJ had begun with a pursuit in mind. Then her affair with Aaron had begun and she couldn't help but continue her flirtation with JJ. At this stage it was habit. She wouldn't know what to do if JJ actually took her seriously. Obviously she couldn't come clean about the fact she has been seeing Aaron.

JJ looked at her intently as if dissecting every one of her micro expressions looking for the meaning of life. For some kind of answer. "I-I ha-I honestly don't know what to say."

"Let's just move on and forget this happened. I mean, I have no problems with that. I promise I will stop-"

Arden couldn't even process what was going on. One second she was speaking and the next she wasn't. JJ had made the extremely bold move of kissing her and there was no question about JJ's kissing skills. Arden could taste JJ's pomegranate lip balm on her soft plump lips. There was always something about women. They were always more gentle in Arden's experience.

Arden had to be the one to pull away. "You okay?"

JJ seemed just as surprised as she was. "I'm sorry. I should have asked I just wanted to..."

"To see if there was anything. I understand." Arden knew it was JJ's own self exploration. "I'm gonna go dance. Want to join?"

JJ nodded and the two finished their drinks before going off to the dance floor to join Morgan. It was a fun night for Arden but she left early as intended. Aaron had been waiting for her. He was curled up on the couch reading a book.

"Sean's sleeping," Aaron whispered.

"Mmm. Well we all know Sean is a heavy sleeper so no need to whisper."

"How did it go?"

"JJ kissed me. I think Morgan confused her. Reciprocity and all."

"Leave it to you to leave it all to psychology," Aaron chuckled.