XXXV

Arden was talking to Gideon when an idea came to her mind

Arden was talking to Gideon when an idea came to her mind. "Jason, could you pass me my phone please? I need to call Garcia."

Jason did as he was asked. "What's going through that brain of yours?"

"I need a distraction."

"Why didn't you tell me you were dating Aaron?"

"Because I wasn't sure how you'd react. Dave found out on his own, but we didn't tell anyone until recently when Foyet started targeting Aaron," Arden replied.

"Call Garcia," Gideon said.

Arden pressed dial and Garcia promptly answered. "Office of supreme genius how may I help you?"

"Garcia I want you to run through the list of Foyet's medication."

"We already did that."

"Find out which medications can't be substituted with an over the counter option. Call in Kevin for assistance. If Aaron asks tell him I asked you to. Don't look up the combination on your system until I or Aaron say so."

"You got it."

Arden hung up and Gideon looked at her. "You've changed."

"Life happens. You've always been the optimist of the group. Let's just go with the idea that love changed me."

Gideon laughed, "Not in that context. You seem more mature."

"How's Stephen," Arden asked as she tried to change the subject.

Gideon replied, "He's agreed to give me another chance. After all, we are all that we have left."

"Stephen is a good man."

"He really is."

There was a nurse at the door. "Sorry to interrupt, but Agent Morgan would like to speak with you."

"Let him in," Arden replied.

Gideon got up. "I'll take this as my cue to grab some food."

"Please bring me back a super burrito," Arden pleaded.

Gideon looked at the nurse. "Can she?" The nurse nodded. "One super burrito it is. I'll be back as soon as I can."

Arden watched as Gideon left and a few moments later Derek Morgan was wheeled into her hospital room. She laughed, "Well this certainly is a turn of events. Why the wheel chair?"

"Precautions," Morgan replied as the nurse left him by the side of her bed before leaving and closing the door. "How are you?"

"I'm hanging in. I've already got Garcia searching something," Arden said as she started to ramble on about some theories she had.

"Baby girl, I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault," she reassured him. In that moment she wasn't even sure if she was reassuring him so much as herself. Maybe a part of her was thinking about how things might have been different if she hadn't left the apartment that morning. If she had chosen to stay with the team at Garcia's apartment.