VI

The team walked into the San Francisco police department and were greeted by the officer in charge of the case

The team walked into the San Francisco police department and were greeted by the officer in charge of the case. Before Gideon or Hotch could begun the introductions Arden was high fiving and doing a secret handshake with the officer.

The officer chuckled, "Long time no see Denny."

Arden returned the smile. "Likewise Lex."

"I take it you are the FBI team that will be assisting with the investigation," the officer said. "My name is Alexander Pierce and I am the officer that was assigned to the case. I assume you are Agent Jareau, we spoke on the phone."

It wasn't hard to assume who JJ was. Carter and JJ were the only two females on the team. JJ took over with the introductions. Hotch watched as Carter and Officer Pierce headed to the coffee pot.

JJ stood next to him. "I had no idea she knew him. But then again. Makes you wonder how much you can really learn from a person in a year."

"Agent Carter is a private person."

"Yeah, but we don't know anything about her personal life. Hell Gideon knows more than you and I combined with Reid."

"I can't argue with that."

JJ was taking a good look at Officer Pierce. "Although I must say. She has excellent taste." He shot her a look. "And I'll go interview the orphanage workers."

Arden knew that this case would reveal more than a couple of secrets. Alex for one. They stood at the coffee pot and donuts.

"They're targeting the orphanage," Pierce said. "All the victims have ties there."

"I saw," she replied.

"You should come and visit more often Denny. It's so boring without you here."

She shrugged, "I like it in DC. It's nice getting away from this state."

"You've made new friends," he pointed out.

"I have."

"Are you dating anyone?"

"I'm seeing someone. Nothing official."

He drank some of his coffee. "Good to know some things never change " .

"How's Jack-o?"

"Jack is fine. Doing his Master's at MIT. Trying to help him pay his way through college."

"He's lucky to have a brother like you."

Alex tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "We should go back with your team. Wouldn't want your boss to get mad."

"Lex. I know you're still upset that I left. But a job transfer from the SF to the BAU in Quantico was an offer I couldn't refuse."

The man looked at her and sighed. "I'm not mad Arden. I'm just upset you never said goodbye."