Epilogue

My father is a very strict person. Especially when it comes on teaching me things that I needed to know. A day wouldn't passed without me gaining new knowledge. He made sure that I will be a professional hacker at a young age.

He told me everything about the Bloody Human Chess game. He never made it a secret to me. At first, I didn't understand the danger that I'm in. I even got excited that I'm in a game. I thought that it would be fun but I am definitely wrong.

I couldn't remember when it was started. Basta namulat na lang ako na tinuturuan ako ni Dad about computers. The complicated codes and everything. And he also trained me how to use a gun and some martial arts to defend myself.

He would starve me if I couldn't decipher the code that he created. He wouldn't allow me to go out of the room if I couldn't break the firewall that he built. He will never let me play if I couldn't beat him when we're sparring. He will scold me if I miss the target when we do target shooting. That's how strict my father is.

But my Mom is the opposite. She will sneak into my room to give me cookies that she baked so I wouldn't starve. She will stay inside the room with me for an hour so I wouldn't feel alone. She will let me take a break from training and will play with me secretly. And at night, tatabi syang matulog sa akin at kakantahan ako until I fall asleep.

I wouldn't say that I didn't enjoy my childhood. Iba ang mga naranasan ko kumpara sa ibang mga bata. But that's the reason why I enjoyed it. I don't know. Maybe it's in the blood that I find these things interesting.

I never hated my father. Dahil nandyan si Mom para ipaliwanag sa akin kung bakit ginagawa iyon ni Dad. She knew everything about him afterall.

And I thanked my Dad that he trained me so well kaya malaki ang naitulong ko sa grupo ko.

I thought that my skills were enough to defeat the Red Faction, our enemy in the human game of chess. Ang akala ko ay hindi ako matatalo ng tracker nila. Why? I got the skills. We never once failed on the mission since I was the best at guiding my team. I could break all the firewalls and decipher all the secret codes. Kahit ano o sino pa ay kayang-kaya kong hanapin with my hacking skills.

Not until I've encountered the Red Faction's tracker. I even thought that he's a guy at first. Pero maling-mali ako sa bagay na iyon.

"I'm sorry, Tracer. I thought that the firewall that I built was enough to guard our database. Their tracker is really good." I said to him when I heard the news about about his parents.

Sinisisi ko ang sarili ko dahil sa kakulangan ng kakayahan ko. I thought what I had is enough to protect my team but the Red Faction's tracker prove me wrong. Na kulang pa pala ang kakayahan ko at kailangan ko pang dagdagan ang mga nalalaman ko about computers and codes.

This is what my father is always telling me. That there is no room for a mistake in this game. One wrong move could be fatal for the team. Maaaring mawala ang lahat sa isang maling galaw lang.

Just like in the game of chess. The player must think thoroughly about his next move. Kung walang plano at basta na lang gagalaw ay siguradong matatalo lang sa laro.

"It's okay, man. I know that their tracker is really good." Tracer said and that made me feel worse.

Tracer didn't blame us for what happened to his parents. Na kung iisipin ay may kasalanan din talaga ako. I failed at being their tracker. I failed at guarding our database that's why the Red Faction's tracker easily broke the firewall and got the information about the former Rooks of EL Ordre.

Naiintindihan ko kung bakit ang mga Sanford ang pinuntirya nila. They were the Rook and the Rook serves as a wall of the castle in the game of chess. They were the protector of the team. You wouldn't get inside the castle nang hindi sila haharapin.