Chapter 9

Kevin Pov:

"Kevin... Kevin." I can hear my name being called out as I slowly fade from black to white.

My eyes slowly flutter open and I see someone leaning over sobbing loudly next to me. My vision is highly blurred and I can't make out who is next to me. My chest burns as I think of Rose, could it be her? Did the guilt of stabbing me eat her alive? Is she here to ask for my forgiveness? My head aches as all these possibilities go through my mind. I close my eyes once again and drift of to sleep without knowing who stood next to me.

Rose pov:

I wake up to the sound of the birds chirping outside my window. It takes me a moment to remember that I am no longer anywhere near that horrific man. I feel the butterflies making their way into my stomach. I don't know if it's because I feel anxious, overwhelmed or simply because I am happy to be starting over.

I stroll out of the warm, cosy bed and pull the duvet making sure to tuck in all the corners into the sides of the bed. I find my way into the expensive bathroom and step into the large cubicle. The warm water runs, soothing all the anxiety I feel and my body loosens as all the tension is released. The steamy water feels amazing against my tanned skin and I close my eyes letting the water trickle down my body.

I get dressed, sign out of the hotel and grab a coffee and a bagel from the local coffee shop. I decide to spend the rest of the day shopping after all I need a brand new wardrobe.

******

After a long day of shopping I am ready to drop. My feet are aching and I need to find somewhere to stay tonight. I ended up buying much more than I should of clothes, shoes, handbags, makeup. Basically an endless supply of goods I didn't need. My arms feel like they are going to fall of after carrying these bags all day. I need to find a cheaper hotel somewhere because I need to save as much money as I possibly can. I still have to get a house and have to find a Job as soon as possible before I end up running out of money. I have quite a lot saved up. But not nearly enough to last me longer than a few months especially after I buy a house. I have been saving up since I was younger and never really needed to spend the money because My parents and Kevin mostly payed for everything.

I decide to go to the train station as London City is over priced. I look up at the train timetable and scan through all the places. Brighton catches my eye I have always wanted to go there. It seems like a perfect place with the little shops, the peer and the beach. I think it will be a great place to start over.

I get my ticket, grab another coffee and a panini from Starbucks and make my way to the train. I turn my phone on and place the new sim in the back I bought earlier. As I am walking I feel someones hard chest collide with mine. I let out a loud scream as I stumble to the ground and my phone slides along the floor followed by all my bags.

"Shit, I'm so sorry." I hear a young man exclaim.

I feel like cussing him out but the way he is looking at me makes me think otherwise I simply reply with "It's okay." I look up at him. He has olive tonned skin and his black hair is pushed back with one strand falling down at the side of his face. I'm so tempted to push it back but I know that wouldn't be appropriate. He puts his hand out and I grab it as he pulls me up back to my feet.

"Here's all your bags and your phone." He says smiling.

"Thank you." I say running my hands over my new dress to smoothen it out.

"I'm Zayn it's nice to meet you. Sorry again about knocking you over." He says trying to keep his expression neutral but I can see the small smile trying to creep it's way in.

"It's okay." I say giggling "I'm Rose it's nice to meet you too."

"Well I better get going before my Fiance cuts my balls of for not getting her Ice cream before the train arrives." He says a beautiful sound escaping his lips.

"Okay." I simply reply laughing along with him.

I watch as he makes his way into the ice cream shop. I can't help the smile on my face as he walks past large crowds of people trying to avoid knocking anyone else over. When he disappears into the crowd I turn and make my way onto the train.

I walk up the stairs to the train and sit in the first seat that appears. I look out the window at all the people rushing for the train. Pushing past people to get past I can't help the giggle that escapes my lips as I think of me tumbling over.

"Rose." I hear a familiar voice say.

I turn to see Zayn standing next to me. Is it ok if we sit here he asks pointing to the seats opposite me

"Yeah avcourse." I reply.

"This is Celíne my Fiance." He says his eyes lighting up as he looks at her. Her blonde hair falls just under her chest. Her eyelashes are filled with mascara and her lips are bright red. She's wearing a pink tank top with a floral skirt. She looks familar, too familar before I can comprehend who she is.

She gasps and steps towards me. "Oh my God Rose. It's been far too long. How have you been?" She exclaims a smirk overgrowing her face.

I am too gobsmacked to speak as I look down at her swollen belly.