Chapter 7

Kevin Pov:

*Flashback*

The rain falls hard as I make my way to my car. A loud yawn escapes my mouth as I sit in the driver seat. Finally it's Friday the last day of the week. It's been a long week full of hard work and stress. I don't know why I ever decided I wanted to work in an office. My manager is a total bitch. She's constantly on my back telling me I have to do more work and be more enthusiastic about my job. It's hard to be enthusiastic when I hate my job. I quickly start the engine and make my way home before she sees me and starts another one of her "If you don't work hard" speeches. The rain is pounding heavly against the front of the screen making it hard to see as the wipers go wild trying to make the road visible once again. I turn the music to full to drown myself out of this fucking miserable world.

******

"Hey babe I made your favourite. Spaghetti Bolognise." Rose announces as I walk through the front door. She's wearing a little black dress showing of her bare legs with heels so high she looks like a fucking slut. I can feel the the remains of my lunch making there way up my throat.

"Where do you think your going." I ask disgust clear in my voice.

"Mrs Miliani down the road invited me to her party. I never get invited anywhere and I.."

"Don't think your going dressed liked a whore." I interupt her and her face instantly falls at my harsh use of words.

"I don't think there is anything wrong with this dress. It's not up to you to decide what I can and cannot wear." Her tone is harsh and her beady blue eyes glare right into mine making my anger grow.

"You always have to fucking push me don't you. We could be having a nice evening yet you choose to go out dressed like that to a party how do you think it makes me feel. Other men will probably be all over you and you won't fail to open your legs for them." I know what I'm saying isn't necessarily true but I'm too much of a dick to admit to her that I don't like it when she's away from me. God knows what could happen.

"Don't you dare. Call me a slut. I have stayed loyal to you all these years. I never get to go out. You won't allow me to have any friends how do you think it feels having no one to ever talk too. I gave up everything for you my family my friends and you treat me like I'm nothing. I don't think I can do this anymore." Her tears fall hard against her cheeks. Making my stomach turn. I reach for her hand but she jerks away.

"Don't touch me." She yells.

"Fine fuck but just know if you ever try to leave. You won't live to see another day." I threaten her slamming the front door behind me.

The cold air feels good on my hot skin. I didn't realise my fists where balled at my side and my breathing was this heavy. She always ignites the flame inside me making me blow up on her. I only ever try to protect her but she just never seems to understand.

I need to get the hell away from here before I do something that I will regret. I get into my car and once again turn the music to full. Imagining what it would be like to have a simple, happy life.

Ten minutes later I'm pulling up outside Nicos are local bar. The place is deserted probably because it's only six thirty in the evening my subconscious mocks me. The smell of beer and whiskey is unbearable as I take a seat at my usual spot next to the bar.

"Hi Kevin what can I get you?" Sarah asks pulling her top lower to show of more cleavage.

"The usual, you do know if you pull that top down any lower your tits will be completely out." I harshly respond.

"Wow someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." Her fingers run through her wavy hair making it hard to concentrate on her words.

"I've not had a great week." I truthfully respond.