Chapter 12

Kevin pov:

The last few days have gone by really slowly. I keep wondering why she hasn't come to visit me. Has she really run away. I guess I don't really blame her for the way I treat her. I can't imagine living my life without her. I have always been so over protective with her, I know I have but It's only because I love her so much it fucking scares me.

I didn't let her socialise very often and made her give up her a job. which I have begin to realise made her resent me. I only ever did what I thought was best for her. To make sure nobody would ever hurt her but avcourse It was my actions I should have been worried about.

My cheeks are filled with painful tears as I think of all the times I laid my hands on her. The painful screams are clear in my mind and I wish more than ever I could hold her in my arms and make love to her slowly feeling every inch of her soft body.

"Kevin" the doctor calls my name looking down at her clipboard.

"Yepp that's me."

"We are very happy with your recovery and we are more than happy to let you go home today. But before you leave the police would like to ask you some simple questions and you have to take it easy for at least a week. We don't want those stitches coming out. Your mum is on her way to pick you up."

"That's great news. But I can drive myself." I can't believe I'm actually getting out so quickly. I expected to be in here for at least another week. Now I can finally go find Rose and try and fix everything with her.

"I'm sorry because of your High dose of medication you won't be able to drive. Remember to talk lots of painkillers to ease of the pain." She explains tapping her fingers against the clipboard.

"Okay doc anything else I should know?" I pull the blanket further up my body.

"No I think that's pretty much everything."

"Okay thank you."

"The officer will be here in a minute to talk to you." she informs me before she leaves the room.

Shit I completely forgot I would have to talk to the police what do I say? I can't tell them the truth. I could never let Rose get locked up. Before I even have time to make something up two police officers walk in making me feel nauseous.

"Hi Kevin, Im officer Lambert and this is my co- worker Laura. We would like to ask you some simple questions. If that's okay."

"Hit me." I confidently remark.

"On June the 16th at 1.45am you arrived unconscious with a large wound in your chest. We believe you were stabbed is this correct." He asks putting on his glasses and reading of a black book.

"Yes," I nod my head slowly not aware of how to respond.

"At 1.15 we received a call from your home location 6543 Edward Lane. There was no communication so we weren't aware of your situation. At 1.30am we received another call from your friend who was dropping your car off at your house. She came to post the keys through the door to find that the door was left open. She found broken items and blood tracks across the floor leading into the kitchen to then find you unconscious on the kitchen floor. Do you remember any of the details from that night."

"Yes I do, I remember everything." I say my eyes welling up once again.

Rose pov:

I move my hand up to touch his cheek. His actions mirror mine and I can feel my body electrifying from his touch. I've not felt this way in so long. It bring's back so many memories I tried to keep hiden in the dark, to try to move on but deep down I knew I never really could. His emberald eyes glare into mine and I can't even think about looking away. My sobs have somehow faded away and I feel like I'm in some sort of trance. It can't possibly be Harry. I rub my eyes to make sure it's actually him. His eyes are filled with liquid "Are you okay? What happened?" He asks wrapping his arms around me to lift me of the ground. I didn't even realise I was on the ground. Why do I suddenly feel so weird. Life is really an unexpected journey. Minutes ago I thought I would be looking down with the angels. But now the man I have tried for so many years to escape my mind has appeared holding me in his arms.

"Here have some water." He says as we sit down at a booth.

I can't bring myself to speak. I lace my fingers around the plastic glass and let the cold liquid run down my dry throat not breaking eye contact with my saviour.