Chapter 8

Rose Pov:

I make my way through the lively city. I know I won't be able to stay here much longer after all staying in a hotel in central London is disgustingly expensive. I have to find an apartment some place else and discover a good paid job. The stresses of life. I get away from one problem and still have ninety nine more to deal with.

The city seems to be draped with happy couples holding hands, laughing with one another and locking lips. It makes my heart grew watching them all look truly, madly obsessed with one another. Hopefully they will lead long happy lives together and won't have to deal with any of the traumatic events that occured in my life.

My stomach rumbles as I make way past an Italian restaurant. It's been far too long since I last ate anything. Bolognise sauce, pizza's and pasta's all cloud my noise making my stomach churn loudly as I walk into the small yet stylish restaurant. The waiter leads me to my table next to the window giving me a great view of the beautifully lite up London Eye. He gives me a menu and minutes later appears with a glass of wine I decided to spoil myself with. I vaguely look over the menu but my mind doesn't want to concentrate on what I want to order it has other plans.

"Are you ready to order?" The young man asks bringing me out of my thoughts. His cheeks slighly flush when I take to long to answer and he fiddles with his hands trying to avoid eye contact with me.

"Yes sorry I will have." I point to the first thing that my eyes meet on the menu. It's some sort of raviloli. I've never tried ravioli before but I don't want to embarass the waiter further by changing my order.

"Anything else." He politely offers after he finishes writing my order down.

"No that's all thank you." I reply giving him a small smile.

"No problem." He says taking the menu and returning the smile.

I'm left alone once again with my thoughts. I look around the restraunt trying to distract myself. I see a mother and father with their two little daughters and find my mind wondering back too what life was like when I lived with my parents and my younger sister Naomi. Naomi and I were complete opposites but she was like my best friend. She's only a year younger than me so we had the occasional arguments of her stealing my clothes and makeup. Naomi spend alot of her time out partying and drinking through her teen years. While I spent my time with my boyfriend Alfie. We spent are days watching movies, days out at the beach and long ass shopping trips. We had been dating for two years when I found him in bed with another girl and it wasn't long before I went of to college.

I haven't seen my sister in over two years at first we called one another all the time but over time we lost contact and I believe she moved to Florida. My relationship with my parents took a bad turn aswell. They warned me from the beginning to end things with Kevin while I had the chance. But I was far to deep under his spell to realise what he was doing to me, what he was turning me into.

A few months back my mum arrived at my house unexpectedly. She hadn't visited in almost a year so it was strange her arriving at my door. She informed me that she missed me so decided to come and see me but I feel there was more to her visit than she was letting out. It's almost as if she knew what was really happening behind the doors. She tried to talk to me a few times about abusive relationships but I quickly changed the subject. In the end she gave me the journal and told me to start writing if I ever had any problems.

"Sorry for the wait Miss." The waiter apologises placing my food infront of me. The smell of tomato and basil fill my nose. Making my stomach churn once again.

"No problem, thank you." I respond squeezing my stomach in to make sure it won't rumble again.

"Enjoy your meal." He politely responds before he walks away.

I grab my fork and instantly place some of the ravioli in my mouth. I can't help the moan that escapes my lips as the warm, smooth pasta soothes my empty stomach.

My tongue wraps around the filled pasta as I slowly chew it I can taste the mozzarella cheese that is grated on top and the sweet tomato sauce that fills the little squares.

After I finish my meal I head back to the hotel. I walk through the long elegant corridor and Into my room. I kick my shoes of and lie on the comfy king sized bed. I need to go shopping tomorrow and buy some new clothes and somewhere affordable to live my subconscious reminds me. It's been such a long day I can't believe just fifteen hours ago I was still In Los Angeles. My eyes start to fall heavy and I fall asleep to the sound of my own breathing.