Chapter 6

I walk through the long dark corridors to my hotel room. The window at the end of the hall indicates that the sun has finally set for the night. The moon shines brightly through the dark sky leaving a reflection of white on the dark, wooden floor. The walls in the corridor are painted a ruby red colour with large paintings and mirrors hung across the walls. I take a quick glance at my appearance in one of the extravagent mirrors. My hair doesn't look as bad as I expected. My brown locks fall seductively under my chest and my tanned skin has a natural glow to it almost making me look beautiful.

I push my key through the little whole in the door and make my way into my over-priced room. It's a decent size but considering the amount I had to pay it isn't worth it. A double bed lays in the middle of the room in between two little wooden bed side tables. There is a large cream and rose gold mirror attached to a dressing table that lays opposite the bed. A white mini fridge is placed in the corner of the room filled with beers, wines, sodas and water.

At the other side of the room there are two white french doors covered by white silky curtains. I pull them open and step outside onto the balcony. I can't help the gasp that falls from my lips as the view of the city comes into sight. The darkness of the sky shadows over the buildings. Leaving the buildings looking like dark shadows across the city. The colourful lights across the city bring it alive. Giving it love and life. Tears stream down my cheeks for what seems like the thousandth time in the last day as my mind wonders to him. Did he make it out alive? Is he looking for me? Has he called the police. So many questions that I hope will always remain unanswered. If only we could have been a normal couple like we were before. It could have been so different. He could be right here right now his arms wrapped around my hips as we both admire this incredible view. I need to stop thinking these things. He was my entire life once he gave me hope, life he was the reason for my existence but he took that all away from me and turned against me. He was a villian that I can never forgive and the marks on my body will never fail to remind me everytime I look at my reflection in the mirror.