3

Sky

We've been running in the dark for almost two hours now. We only do this when we need to make up for lost time. It makes us cranky and messes up the sleep pattern, but mostly because it makes us cranky. *I think this is far enough Jay. Can we stop and sleep?* I questioned as my vision began to falter. *No we have to keep going. I don't want those stupid men anywhere near you!* He snapped. I stopped at his harsh words and sat on the ground with my nose lifted in the air. Once he realized the beating of my paws had ceased he turned abruptly and began stalking towards me, nonetheless I kept my head held higher then his. *Look at me Sky.* He whispered softly. I tilted my head down and slumped before looking up into his big blue eyes. *Shift and put on my sweats and hoodie.* He whispered. I did as I was told and began to lay down. Before I hit the ground I was scooped up and surrounded by soft, warm black fur I knew to well and drifted into a peaceful sleep.
-dream-
I was standing in the tree line watching a small girl chasing butterflies. Finally!! I thought as she caught the bright blue and purple butterfly that had been taunting the small girl. As soon as she released the butterfly and it began to fly it exploded into a small ball of light that grew every second until it turned into a woman. The young girl was the spitting image of the women in every way possible. They're dull but bright grey eyes and midnight black hair that cascaded down the backs. They're pale completions and flawless faces left me breathless. " Who are you and why are you in the meadow my darling child awaits in until her time to grace upon earth arrives?" The woman questioned with a stern yet soft voice as she moves in front of her child. " I'm Sky, I'm very sorry but I have no idea where or why I am here." I stated in the kindest voice I could muster. "Very well Sky. You may leave but remember my darling. I'm watching you and waiting, do not fail me. If you do it cost you more then just your life. Goodbye now my darling Sky." She cooed to me before I began falling into darkness far far away from the women I so longingly wanted to talk to.
-dream-
I shot up and out of Jay's fur and into the night as I awoke from my dream swearing and panting. I looked to the middle of the meadow to see a small box secured by a neat bow to hold it together. I walked towards it, bending down and picking it up and walking back over to Jay's sleeping form. "Jay? Wake up I found a box and i don't know what's in it." I stated while shaking him. I heard a puff and a paw pushed me away before he rolled over. "it could kill me if I open it..." I taunted as he sprung awake shifting and ripping the box from my hands. " no one is being killed today unless by me!" He stated as he placed the box on the ground and lifted the lid off with a stick. No explosions, poisonous gas. Nothing. We slowly walked to the box to see a small ring with a bright yet dull crystal in the middle. As I pulled out the ring I noticed it was the same color as the eyes of the woman and child in my dream. I placed it on my middle finger. As soon as I let go the women's soft gentle voice flowed into my head. " Hello my darling Sky. I've been waiting for you to reach a certain point in your life that I believe you are ready. My darling baby you will be hunted, chased, and challenged in so many ways you have never been before. With this ring you may speak to me any time I am needed or your just lonely. I am your mother and the girl was your sister whom was conceived the week before the battle. No one knew of her existence until it was too late my darling. I'm so sorry but you must get back to Jay I'm afraid he's quite worried. Goodbye now my baby."
I focused my eyes to see a stunned and shocked Jay wearing a ring with a bright blue and orange stone in the middle.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Three chapters. One day. I think that's pretty good for me. Sorry for the cliffhanger and how short it is but I have school tomorrow and need some sleep. So I bid you all goodnight.
Until next time.
-❤️ Britt-