5

pic is Sky!!

Jay

Sky and I have been running for almost 5 hours straight. We've never ran this long before unless we were being pursued and I guess we are but it's not for sure. Packs take breaks, so we have to be at least a good 6 hours ahead by now. *Sky can we stop. I'm hungry. I'm tired, and I know you don't want to see my grumpy side!* I warned with a small grunt. *Sure Jay.* she whispered. well that's odd, normally Sky is loud and annoying. I've only seen her act like this a few times. She feels the need to lock up for a few days after talking or thinking about her parents and sister. I do it too sometimes, but it makes me wonder what the big change is and what her mother meant by "dont fail me".
" Are you even listening to me Jay?!" Sky screamed as a rock hit my shoulder. "Ow and no I wasn't. Sorry Sky I was thinking. Hey why'd you have to hit me!" I whined like a child. "Because of the scent that's surrounding us Jay!! It smells familiar. Who is it?!" She whisper-screamed. I stopped and took a deep whiff. Berries and musk. The pack. *Sky we need to leave now. Forget the bag lets just go!* I screamed through the link while shifting and running.

Sky

Ever since I talked to my mother I've become kind of quiet and I think Jay is noticing. We stopped a few minutes ago to eat and rest for a few hours and he hasn't said a word since we stopped. He's just stood there eating slowly with his eyes glazed over. I've seen this look a lot lately. It's his thinking phase, and in normal circumstances it's funny to watch, but at the moment we have bigger problems. I picked up a scent and the sounds of paws all around us. The scent smells so familiar but I can't seem to put my finger on it, all I can smell is berries and musk. "Hey jay. Do you smell that??" I asked. "Jay. Jay. Jay!!!" I hollered, but he never noticed. "Are you even listening to me Jay!!?" I screamed as the rock flew from my hand and collided with his shoulder. "Ow and no I wasn't. Sorry Sky I was thinking. Why'd you have to hit me?!" He whined while rubbing his shoulder. "Because of the scent all around us! It's so familiar Jay! Who is it!?" I whisper-shouted. He took a breathe before his eyes grew wide. * Sky we need to leave now. Forget the bag lets just go!* He screamed through the link before we shifted and took off. We began running as fast as we could trying to get away from what I assumed was the pack we had met earlier. A few wolves jumped at Jay and I but not being successful as we took them out on the run. Then I smelt him. The alpha. I smelt him before it happened. Suddenly a wolf was on me pinning me to the ground with his teeth bared at my throat ready to strike at any moment. *Jay! Help me!!* I screamed through the link. *where are you Sky?!!* he screamed frantically. "Under the Alpha." I stated.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Cliffhanger!!!! Sorry not sorry. Don't hate me!!! I'll have another chapter up by the end of Friday maybe before!!
Until next time
-❤️ Britt-