Chapter 61

Ellison Taylor

"Ellison." Mom said as soon as she saw me, she dropped the oven mitten aside and came to give me a hug.

"Mom." I said hugging her tightly and when I moved back. I see her looking at Ian with awe, the chatty room suddenly turned quiet and I watched everyone's reaction. Ian is handsome, no doubt about that. Everyone looked at him like he is some celebrity as their mouth was wide open.

"Mrs.Taylor." Ian started as he handed her the wine bottle and flowers. "Thank you for having me here."

"Pleasure." My mom said still in awe.

"So this is Ian." Marilyn's mom came forward, very impressed by what she is seeing.

"Hello, Aunt Melissa." I said.

She ignored my greeting and stood in front of Ian. "You are handsome, I was thinking why Marilyn was going overboard talking about you, you are a handsome man."

"Please allow me to introduce myself.." He said with the same gentle smile. "I'm Ian Collins and I'm Ellison's boyfriend."

She gasped and looked at me, scowling. I'm sure her oh-so-lovely daughter have broke the news to her but if she's pretending, she is doing a good job.

I see my grandpa and I was super excited as I skipped towards him.

"Ellison." He beamed. "My little snowflake."

I laughed at his nickname for me. I give him a tight hug. "I missed you."

"I miss you too." He said. Ian came to greet him.

"I see, this young man has stole my granddaughter's heart. Not just one, but two." He joke. "You get to choose one."

"I think Ellison is the one who stole my heart and since she have my heart I don't think I get to choose someone else, can I?" Ian grinned and my grandpa laughed.

"Please take good care of her." He sighed. "I hope her grandma understand that to please her one grandchild she will be hurting the other one. In the end, one will be having a broken heart-but that's how life is..She should see what is right and what is wrong. I support your decision, young man. Ellison is beautiful and I hope you will cherish and love her the same, forever."

"Always, I promise." He said as he took my hand.

I heard buzzing from the outside. "They are outside in the backyard doing the barbecues." My grandpa explained.

Marilyn was excited to see Ian,but Ian- not so... he walked passed her while holding my hand and walked towards my dad and my uncle who was talking about fishing.

The backyard is decorated, way too beautifully. There were fairy lights all around the backyard. Flowers spread around the place. There was a picnic table spread with foods and decorations. There was a small bar with lights covering it. I never expected such a decoration from Brent. I wondered why Brent decided to decorate the backyard like that.

I didn't see my grandma yet. While Ian was busy talking with My dad and uncle with El and Cooper joining them.I saw Claire who was busy setting up the table.

"Where is grandma?" I asked.

"She must be in her room." She shrugged. "How are you doing?"

"Nervous." I said. "He's here and I don't want any dramas."

"I doubt." She said. "Marilyn even dressed up to impress a guy that's taken. How rude is that."

Our talk was interrupted by my grandma walking out to greet Ian. Grandma like everyone else was very pleased to see Ian.