Epilogue

She's done it.

She's deleted her website and gotten rid of her work phone.

She's free.

•••

Jake's brother is presently surprised when Jake tells him about Theresa. His brother wants to meet her.

He thinks his mother would be proud.

His grandfather too.

•••

Okay, it was more complicated than simply deleting a website and throwing away a phone.

But still, freedom.

She severed her contact with her former clients and left a sign on the website that will still be up for another three months informing any stray browser that she's closed for business.

Whenever creeping insecurities of the legacy of her work come up she has found a great remedy for them – kissing Jake (and other things NSFW activities).

A U T H O R ' S N O T E

So crazy this story is done!! Please leave your comments on the story as whole here --≥≥ (I'd love to hear them!)

So, i just wanted to touch on an issue I haven't before. Personally, i'm a huge advocate and believer that people should save themselves (check out minemonia if you want a good story about that) but i never felt, since beginning to write EO, that this would be Theresa's case. Some people, are too damaged by circumstances to be able to see the light at the end on the tunnel themselves. It's not to say that she would never be able to heal herself, but she happens to be the kind of person that needs someone to show her a way out. Does that make her weaker than others? Yes and no, we're all running away from the sources of our pain into habits that often cause more pain. Not all of us can leave the hole we build ourselves on our own. I'd like to imagine Theresa will grow to have capacity to be strong enough to accept herself but that's not the side of her that I explored in this narrative.

Having said all this, i hope you enjoyed it!

If anyone is unsatisfied with the ending, comment here too! I originally planned to end differently so I'd love to hear your thoughts if you found this effective...

Cheers, thanks for reading <3