Chapter 8: Michael II

Nicolas looked really better. He told me that he was a vampire and that he drank a lot of blood to look that good. He is so cool. 

The place where we were had a big tv, with a lot of movies and when I say a lot I say a lot. Have they ever heard about Netflix?. I only watch movies there. There was a secret door where Katherine's secret library was hidden. He told me that she didn't have cool books only romcoms. 

We started playing and talking. 

-Katherine is on her room. 

-I didn't ask. 

-The doctor asked for some medicines so hard to find, does your foundation has them?

-I will ask your mom the name?Isn't your father like rich? I googled him, why he doesn't pay?

- He doesn't gives us money for nothing. My mom pays for everything. He is saving for his wedding because he says he wants a real one, pure crap if you ask me. 

-Your parents didn't get married?

-Yes, in Las Vegas. Their class went travelling there instead of prom. And they had a prom night there. 

-Where they 21?

-No, but they are smart Michael. They got drunk and got married there, then my mom found him cheating with his secretary and they got divorced. 

-Shit. 

-They still love each other. Look my dad is a dick, he really is. But if you take away the economic part and that he doesn't gets involved about the sickness he is a good dad. 

-That doesn't sound good. 

-Some people live miserable lifes and other less miserable. 

-

-But if you are with the right people it can be a good life. 

-Maybe you should listen to yourself when you say that. 

-You still have time to convince me. 

-But you are running out of time. 

After that Katherine came down and we had a meeting. She went to her room when Nicolas basically kicked her out. 

-I can't believe she thinks this is part of a strategy. 

-You know the funny thing is that we didn't plan it. Maybe if we thought more we would plan it better right?

-You are right, maybe we should me smarter. 

-But its so boring being smart all the time. 

He is such a nice kid. 

But Katherine, I hate her so much right now. How could she not see it? I mean right now Nicolas doesn't look like a sick kid and he doesn't behave like one. If I didn't see him yesterday in the hospital I wouldn't know. 

His mom arrived, she looked very tired. But very enthusiastic , she started  to prepare her food but she was so hungry so she ordered something instead. She didn't tell Katherine about the pizza she ordered and I felt bad about her. I felt bad about everyone. Nicolas noticed it and told me to stop being pitty or he would grab my pizza, I let him grab my pizza anyway. 

It was so fun playing videogames with him, he is so good he won everytime. Everytime he won he laughed , and clapped. We listened music and turns out he likes the sames music as Jason. 

It was a very great afternoon. 

When I finished my pizza I went to the kitchen to wash the plate and I found Nick's mom washing the dishes. 

-Oh darling give me that. 

-Are you sure?

-Yeah. Thank you for coming to spent time with my son, it is actually kind of weird but its a nice gesture. 

-He looks better today. 

-Of course. 

-What is that?

-Kathy's favorite cake. When she was little she used to love it, she was a fat girl and she adored singing and eating. You know for me she is still that fat little girl who stayed late reading, even though now she is skinny and you know. 

-I was a fat boy too, you know. 

-You must have been a gorgeous cute little boy. Moms love fat boys. 

-You know you are not like most moms.

-I know I am cool. I hate traditions. 

I just smiled. I really like her. I wish my mom was still around and I got more angry with Katherine because she couldn't appreciate it. She couldn't appreciate the amazing family she has. I have so much envy of her right now. 

That woman and Nicolas made me smile so much, I thought I couldn't stop smiling. The last time I felt this kind of joy was when my mom took my to a candy shore and we listened to old music. She started dancing everyone thought she was insane and I joined her. She hugged me, we had the best time in our lives. She had blue big eyes, blond her and a pretty big smile that followed her everywhere she go. 

How can you be so happy and sad at the same time?

-I want to help Nicolas and I won't tell Katherine. Give me the name of the medicine and I will give them to you.

-I don't know how to thank you, you know this is hard 

-I don't want to imagine how hard it is. 

-You are a good man Michael. 

-And you are a good mom. 

-I would hug you but hugs depress me. 

-I get the feeling. 

Really what an excellent afternoon I had. 

When I left I saw Katherine reading on a tree. How they hell she got there?.  And I just thought about breaking her heart like in the books and movies. 

We talked and man why does she has to be like an enigma. She is actually sweet and I thought that maybe is not her problem that she doesn't know and maybe is for the better because if she knew it would depressed town. Maybe she just brings happiness to Nicolas and makes him forget about his illnes, and she really loves him.