16

"Let me drive the Tesla?" Corey asked Colby. I was finishing tying my Chanel snow boots by the front door while everyone else was zipping up their coats or pulling on gloves.

"Sure," Colby said.

"What! You'll let him but not me?" Jake whined.

"Yes," Colby and I said at the same time.

"Chanel will be pissed if I'm responsible for fucking up such a nice car and Hertz won't appreciate Sam and Colby doing that either," I said.

"I'm not that bad of a driver, for fuck's sake!" Jake said.

"You almost took out a Pizza Hut delivery driver last week," said Sam.

"Domino's is better anyway," Jake replied.

"Not helping your case, bud," Tara said.

"Okay, I'll drive the Range so we can just take two cars," said Kevin.

"Sounds good," said Sam. We all went out to the cars, filing into the both of them. We made the relatively short drive to the ice castles parking lot and congregated outside of the admissions building out front.

Devyn and I walked up to the small front desk.

"Hi, I'm Vanessa Atkins. My boss Megan Reynolds said she has ten tickets set up for us here," I said, motioning at the rest of the group behind me.

"Oh my god, you guys are... yes. Yeah, I know all of you. Wow. Hi. Welcome to the Wisconsin ice castles. I'm Khloe. I'll get you all checked in and show you guys around," she said. "The names are Vanessa, Devyn, Sam, Katrina, Colby, Reggie, Kevin, Corey, Jake, and Tara?"

She hadn't been reading off of her screen, just looking at all of us standing there, accurately reciting our names.

"Yes, ma'am," Devyn said.

"Perfect. Let me get some wristbands printed out for you and we'll be all set."

Khloe tapped around on her keyboard for a second before walking through a door behind her. Devyn and I went back over to the group.

"Ready for your photoshoot?" Colby asked.

"You are so dramatic. It is not a photoshoot. I just need five or six pictures of me with these boots, earmuffs, purse, and jacket," I said.

"That's sort of a long list," said Kevin.

"Doesn't make it a photoshoot," I replied.

"I'll make it one, though," Colby said, holding up his favorite camera.

"I thought you brought that to vlog," I said. "I was just going to use my phone to take these. As I always do."

"I know. Nothing wrong with treating you like the queen you are, though," Colby said.

"Ew. Stop," I said.

"Right. Sorry," he said.

"Okay, you folks all ready? My name is Khloe, I'm going to lead you guys back there and tell you a little about the place. You need to have these wristbands on, but I know you're here for pictures, so you can keep them in a pocket or a purse or something for this visit," said Khloe, giving all of us a white wristband with little silver snowflakes printed on them. She handed a small pamphlet map to Sam.