Chapter Thirty-Five

I know people don't like the combined POV chapters - but sometimes I do haha.

I suggest listening to Bleachers by Jillain Jacquealine as you read the car scene.

As per usual, I love your thoughts and comments

Logan

"I look like a fucking idiot," I huff, resisting the urge to mess up my now slicked back hair.

"You don't. You actually look respectable," Andrew counters.

I shove him roughly and he stumbles back laughing.

"Ally knows who I am, and respectable isn't it. I don't know why I'm trying this hard."

Andy rolls his eyes, "yes you do."

I ignore his comment, tugging on my collar. The fabric feels as if it's choking me.

"Now, did you talk to Maddie?" Andrew asks, as if he is coaching me.

"Yea yea," I reply to his inane question, "Madalynn texted Ally saying she was coming over in an hour.. and to be ready."

"Now what do you say when you see Ally?"

"I don't know if you want to hear that..." I smirk.

Andy rolls his eyes.

A beat of comfortable silence settles around us.

"Who'd have thought I'd be giving you girl advice," Andy chuckles.

"Don't get used to it," I fire back, before squinting at my reflection in the mirror.

"Dear God are these birds!?"

Ally

The doorbell rings as I'm putting in my earrings.

"Come in," I bellow from my room as I fiddle with the clasp.

Weird, Maddie never rings the bell.

The bell chimes again, and I make my way towards the front door.

Flinging it open I draw in a sharp intake of breath.

Logan.

We haven't spoke since I walked away from him the night before.

Now he's standing awkwardly in the doorway, shuffling from one foot the other. I don't think I've ever seen him in a button up shirt, and it throws me for a moment. At his side are a bunch of sad looking flowers.

"Hi Ally."

He goes to run his hand through his hair but stops a centimeter away, probably remembering it's full of product.

He's nervous. The thought makes me smile.

"What are you doing here?" I question, crossing my arms over my chest. I'm not happy with the way he treated me last night.

"Um, I've come to take you on a date," he mumbles. I can tell my staring is making him even more uncomfortable, but I can't help it. He's wearing navy blue slacks and his white button up shirt, upon closer inspection, I can see has little sparrows on it. It is definitely one of Andy's shirts, but I can't deny it - it does look great on him.

I try to push the thought to the back of my mind, focusing on how he not only embarrassed me the night before, but yelled at me in the parking lot of a pub.

"I'm actually waiting for Maddie," I reply curtly.
I do take a little comfort in the fact he's uncomfortable. He does look cute standing their all awkward.