{My Hero Academia} Tododeku- On my Own

this is based on the song On My Own from Les Misérables so it's sad yaaaay

On my own

I look towards Midoriya and Bakugou holding hands as they walk to lunch.

How did they even get together? I thought Bakugou hated Midoriya's guts.

Pretending he's beside me

The next morning, I wake up. I look to my right and frown.

If only Midoriya was there to warm me up on cold mornings.

All alone, I walk with him 'till morning

"Kacchan, stop! That tickles!" Midoriya says in a fit of giggles.

Bakugou smiles (wow) and stops tickling him.

Without him, I feel his arms around me

It's been three weeks since they got together. Of course, Midoriya still hangs out with me, but Bakugou is always around.

"Todoroki? Are you feeling alright?" I hear Yaoyorozu ask.

"I'm fine," I reply.

No I'm not.

And when I lose my way I close my eyes and he has found me

"Tests start... now! Remember, they're due at the end of the hour," Present Mic announces.

I get stuck on a problem and ask myself: 'What would Midoriya say?'

In the rain the pavement shines like silver

The walk home was rainy. I open my umbrella and hear footsteps behind me.

"Hi, Todoroki! I'm sorry I'm hanging out with you less. Wanna walk home together?" Midoriya's cheerful voice asks.

"I-I guess. My house is near, though."

All the lights are misty in the river

I decide to walk down to the river and clear my mind. It's super foggy.

I sit down on a towel I brought on the river bank and sigh.

I'm so alone.

In the darkness the trees are full of starlight

The fog clears up, and I look across the river. A few dozen stars litter the sky. It reminds me of when Midoriya's eyes sparkle when he's talking about something he loves.

Like All Might.

...or Bakugou.

And all I see is him and me forever and forever

I dreamt last night that Midoriya was underneath a cherry blossom tree. He was reading a book and let me join him.

A blossom fell and landed on his head. I moved it and tucked it in his hair.

He blushed and giggled, laying down and putting his head on my lap.

And I know it's only in my mind

When I awoke, my smile faded.

There's no cherry blossom tree with Midoriya and me.

He's with Bakugou.

Always with fucking Bakugou.

That I'm talking to myself and not to him

I start daydreaming during Aizawa's lecture.

"Todoroki! Stop, that tickles!" Midoriya giggles. I laugh and stop tickling him. I boop his nose and he blushes.

"I love you, Izuku," I say.

"I love you too."

And although I know that he is blind, still I say there's a way for us

I start thinking.

Maybe they're polyamorous? I mean there's a chance...

I wouldn't mind having to deal with Bakugou as long as I get to date Midoriya.

I love him, but when the night is over, he is gone. The river's just a river

That's impossible. They're perfectly content in their relationship. I shouldn't go messing it up.

I'm happy for them, but I can't help but be jealous that his beloved Kacchan got to him first.

Without him, the world around me changes. The trees are bare and everywhere the streets are full of strangers

I love him, but every day I'm learning all my life I've only been pretending.

Without me, his world will go on turning- a world that's full of happiness that I have never known!

Right.

They're happy.

Though I'll never know what that feels like, at least I haven't lost him completely.

Just tough it out. It's high school.

"You sure you're okay?" Kirishima asks me.

"I think so..."

I look at Midoriya, and see him already looking at me.

Walking over, he says, "Hi, Todoroki! You look down. Something bothering you?"

I give him a small smile and shake my head.

The least I could do is smile for him.

I love him
I love him
I love him, but
only on my own.