十九

Long time now see! Sorry for the delay some things came up and now I have a busy schedule. But be assured that I 100% have intentions to finish this book! So feed on this chapter as I will most likely be updating again next week, sadly. But cheer up! Here's a new chapter! Enjoy!
-Veronica
-
Y/n's breathing had stopped as she pulled her hands to her mouth. Before they could cause any scene in the hospital lobby, Joseph quickly ushered them all out as her eyes were still set on the man.

Once they were in the clear, he took off his hat and turned to all of them. "I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm Marco Della Torre-" despite him still introducing himself, Y/n ignored everyone else as she hugged him tightly.

He was surprised at first but then eased into the hug. "Hey, Honey it's okay." Y/n kept her face buried in his chest as everyone marbled at the sight of father and daughter reuniting.

"So you're Y/n's father?" Polnareff asks.

Marco looks up to him. "Yes, I am. Y/n, please, you're a grown girl." he laughs as he continues to pry his daughter off of him.

She finally does so as she wipes the tears from her eyes. "B-But how?" she asks.

"It would take more than a giant bug to kill me. I survived but had to go into hiding to protect you and your mother." he explains.

"Y-You could've just told us you were okay! I mean- we were devastated!" Y/n says as tears begin to brim her eyes again.

Jotaro felt his chest tighten as he watched, feeling guilty but also angry at his earlier reaction with her. "The Speedwagon Foundation said it would be best to be kept that way. Trust me, I wanted to talk to you and your mother." he says, reassuring her.

"Not to kill the special moment, but why are you here, Marco?" Joseph asks. Y/n's father lifts his head towards Joseph.

"When I found out that Tower of Gray had been killed, I knew it was safe to come out of hiding. And I thought it'd be best to accompany you all." he states.

"Like, come on the trip?" Polnareff asks.

"Yes, I thought that maybe you'd need some more assistance." he replies.

"That's great! Here is everyone else. This is Avdol, Polnareff, Iggy and Jotaro. One of our other companions is actually in the hospital right now but his name is Kakyoin." Y/n says as she introduces them.

Her father shakes all of their hands before waving to Iggy, who had been on the ground.

Joseph takes a look at his watch before turning to the rest of the group. "We should really be heading to the ferry station, our boat leaves in about 10 minutes." he says.

"Then, let's go." Avdol says as everyone begins to walk towards the river, where their ferry boat would be waiting, while on the way, Y/n had her arms wrapped around her fathers in a very child like manner.

Once on the crowded boat, they all sat together as the ride was mostly silent. "So, Papa, what have you been doing?" Y/n asks.

Her father looks towards her before answering. "Well, I wasn't allowed to leave the Foundation for some years but after they let me, I went to continue my archaeology work. Though, I wasn't able to publish my findings as I was technically classified as 'dead'." he says.