二十一

(Short Update) Trigger warning ahead! Please be careful when you read!
-Veronica
-

Marco opened his eyes as he stretched while yawning slightly. He stood up and walked over to the bathroom to brush his teeth as he took a shower. Walking out completely dressed, he saw that Y/n's bed was empty as Iggy was sitting at the foot of it.

He sighed, believing that she had woken up while he was showering and decided to go and wait downstairs. He nudged Iggy awake as he took a look around the room. All of her belongings were gone so she must've decided to go on without him.

With one final look, him and Iggy exited the hotel room and went downstairs, seeing everyone packed and ready to go. But Y/n was no where to be found. He got downstairs and felt confused.

He went up to the other. "Joseph, did Y/n come down here?" he asked. Joseph and the others turned to him with confusion.

"No. I haven't seen her since yesterday." he replied. Marco felt his heart sink as he ran back up to the room, feeling that she never left downstairs, she left for Cairo all by herself. He turned to the doorway of the room, seeing the other crusaders there.

"S-She's gone!" he exclaimed while he tightly clutched his trench coat.

"Are you sure? Maybe she's in the bathroom." Joseph tried to reason.

"She's no where. She left." Marco breathed out. Jotaro saw the panic in his eyes as he recalled the interaction he had with her yesterday. He opened his watch, it was barely 11 am.

"Then we should go. We don't have any time to waste." Jotaro declared as they all hurriedly exited the hotel.
-
Just two hours before, Y/n had arrived at the Cairo train station, which had been packed with people. She walked out of the station, a sketch of Dio's mansion in her hand as she looked around and asked several people if they'd seen a building like that.

Seeing as she got no where by asking the people of the train station, she decided to go into the city and ask some locals if they'd seen a building like that before. She walked around a bit as she asked some local vendors.

"Excuse me, have you seen a building like this before?" she asked a small old shop keeper. The lady looked at the sketch closely.

"I'm afraid I haven't seen a building like that here in this section of the city. Perhaps you should go to the older parts of the city." she replied.

Y/n thanked the old woman as she continued walking around the city. There was no doubt that they would have noticed she was missing by now. She continued looking around as she felt her stomach grumble slightly.

She looked around until she saw a small cafe and walked inside. The shop smelling of delicious bread and coffee. Making up her mind, she decided she would order extra snacks and a cup of coffee before taking a seat outside of the small shop.

She sipped the coffee while taking a bite of her bread. She looked around the city. It was busy and it was hustling with people. She thought that with Dio being in a city like this, he'd like to be in a place where there weren't a lot of people and where it wasn't so loud.

So she continued to ask around to see where a building like that would be in a quiet part of the city. For most of the day, she was walking around, asking people. She sighed as the day started to end.